takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Digital Campaign Coordinator to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Group Advertising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective campaign planning and execution, against set targets and budgets, with a clear focus on incremental sales (cross-sell and up-sell opportunities) and improving advertising performance.
- Manage the full life cycle involvement in digital advertising campaigns from enquiry stage to campaign completion. This involves, but not limited to:
- Assist with proposals where necessary
- Booking of campaigns into Asana and check against marketing calendar
- Insertion order and contract completion; ensure work does not commence without signed insertion orders)
- Prompt buyers and suppliers for briefs, check stock
- Liaise with client on creative assets; manage through to approval
- Load campaigns on Google Ad Manager timeously
- Compile POE once campaign is live
- Once campaign has ended, request invoice from Finance
- Provide detailed analysis and reports to clients on campaign performance and delivery together with invoice
- Identify opportunities to improve campaign results and budget savings through innovative campaign production
- Evaluate non-performers and connect with publishers to enhance campaign
- Monitor on schedule delivery and find ways to optimize based on clients success metrics
- Daily analysis of campaign performance and delivery
- Troubleshoot targeting issues, resolve any traffic issues and reconcile discrepancies
- Evaluation of advertising campaigns against in-house campaigns; reporting and success measurement
Qualifications & Experience:
- An advertising / marketing or related qualification
- Must have an understanding of digital marketing
- Must have experience with DFP | Google Ad Manager or similar ad serving tools
- At least 2 years digital campaign management experience is a prerequisite
Skills & Attributes:
- Smart, hard-working, with demonstrable integrity
- A passion online | digital marketing is essential
- Bias towards action and solution-oriented
- A self-starter and fast learner with an active thirst for knowledge
- Willing to take direction and able to work independently, demonstrating initiative
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal & communication skills and a proven ability to build productive relationships quickly
- A strong working knowledge of Excel / Google sheets and Microsoft Office
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference