takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Email Marketing Executive to join our team in Cape Town. In this role you will be responsible for briefing and sending Takealot's marketing emails (both curated and promotional), conducting A/B tests and performing analyses to optimise performance as well as assisting the greater Marketing Team where necessary.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Email Marketing Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and sending Takealot's marketing emails. This includes conceptualising the newsletter design and copy briefs
- Working closely with the Retail, Promotional and Design teams to ensure newsletters go out on time and accurately reflect products on site.
- Administrative tasks such as but not limited to creating and managing the briefing process, liaising with Buyers & Clients, managing the Daily Deals process (briefing, checking and sending), conducting thorough email checks to ensure accuracy and suitable rendering of emails across platforms, coordinating approvals, managing unsubscribes, sending out POEs and updating subscriber preference changes as required
- Researching and keeping the team abreast of email and CRM competitor activities, trends and best practices
- Researching and keeping the team abreast of developments on the numerous platforms & programs we use to ensure that we are aligned with best practice
- Assisting with various Email CRM initiatives
- Supporting the greater Marketing team across functions (Brand & Communications, Retail, Design & Digital) in daily administrative tasks relating to Email
- Assisting with Daily Deals Duty to ensure that Daily Deals newsletters are accurately sent out
- Smart, hard-working with demonstrable integrity and willing to put extra hours in to meet deadlines
- Exceptional written communication and copywriting skills
- A passion for retail and marketing is essential
- Highly organised with strong administrative skills and the ability to multitask
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ASANA & Litmus advantageous
- Willing to take direction and able to work independently, demonstrating initiative
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal & communication skills and a proven ability to build productive relationships quickly
- Ability to take feedback constructively
- Relevant tertiary education - a degree/diploma in a marketing/business-related field
- 1 - 2 years experience in a Retail / Marketing environment within a digital role
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.