Mr D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Marketing Associate - Promotions & Partnerships to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement restaurant promotional marketing plans (across all marketing channels).
- Conceptualising restaurant promotional campaigns to drive sales and help entice new buyers
- Building relationships with selected restaurant partners, their marketing teams and advertising agencies to identify strong co-branding and cooperative marketing opportunities.
- Develop an understanding of what drives orders and work with the restaurant and marketing teams to craft promotions.
- Assist with attracting new buyers to the Mr D Food platform through partnership opportunities with restaurant brands, and engaging in ongoing strategies to unlock the potential of those partnerships.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with the management of the Coupon tool (campaign set up, monitoring and reporting).
- Briefing campaigns to the creative team on all media required to communicate promotions and drive continuous improvement of promotional comms.
- Ensure all relevant parties, including restaurant partners approve campaign artwork as part of the sign-off process.
- An individual who can work with and coordinate restaurant partners and multiple stakeholders of restaurant partners including management level.
- A highly driven individual who is motivated to drive meaningful sales revenue for the business through marketing initiatives including sales and co-marketing opportunities with restaurant partners.
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for data - be highly analytical, using data to inform decisions
- An understanding of e-commerce and the key levers that drive sales in an e-commerce environment
- A strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel is required
- Tech Savvy - have a passion for technology and how to use technological solutions to improve performance
- Creative mindset - be able to craft numerous campaigns across many departments
- Solutions-oriented - have a can-do attitude and high energy
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail will be very important; strong administrative skills
- A person who is a very strong relationship builder and can unlock opportunities with partners and suppliers.
- Good negotiation skills to drive marketing revenue.
- The appetite for being involved in a startup environment.
- A BCom degree in Marketing
- A minimum of 2 years experience in e-commerce or retail in a role that includes promotions.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.