MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Senior Software Development Engineer - IOS to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Take ownership, build and maintain the our bleeding edge mobile e-commerce iOS application.
- Migrate the existing Objective C app to Swift
- Design, develop and test code written in Objective C/Swift.
- Apply best practice and ensure stability and security of the applications.
- Monitor and profile application performance.
- Take part in daily standup, with the ability manage time and workload effectively.
- Collaborate with creative, content and engineering teams to design and develop a world-class iOS mobile application.
- Publish applications to the Apple App Store
- Strong Computer Science and programming fundamentals.
- Experience architecting, developing, testing and maintaining iOS mobile applications.
- Experience with network requests to RESTful APIs (JSON) using best practice.
- Full understanding of the iOS application, view-controller and tableview life-cycles.
- Appreciation of iOS-specific asynchronous processing techniques.
- Knowledge and Appreciation of iOS user experience design patterns.
- Experience using GIT version control.
- Experience developing in an Agile team environment
- Be accountable, engaging and inventive.
- Work alongside a QA engineer regarding testing and product finalisation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin and Photoshop.
- Experience with Google Maps, Firebase & Braze.
- Any Android experience.
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.