MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Head of Mr D Food Driver Operations to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Head of Operations
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and developing a team to manage the Mr D Food specific driver operations
- Establishing a driver supply strategy
- Responsible for managing the following core functions to ensure optimal driver supply to meet customer demand:
- Driver recruitment
- Driver training and onboarding
- demand planing, shifting and scheduling
- Continuous driver management including delivery performance and retention optimisation
- Live driver support
- Closely collaborating with the operations structures to efficiently plan regional Mr D Food driver requirements
- Establishing Mr D Food driver requirements and executing on the supply of these drivers
- Conceptualising and operationalising coherent recruitment and retention strategies/plans for the Mr D Food driver pool
- Close collaboration with the finance structures to ensure efficient and on-time payment of Mr D Food drivers
- Responsibility to identify Mr D Food driver product requirements and to apply an iterative approach to deliver progress together with the remaining business heads and the product owner.
- Responsible to ensure a sound Mr D Food driver process structure that fits into the remaining business’ framework
- Reporting around all aspects of the Mr D Food driver supply
- Responsible for the Mr D Food driver operational and recruitment metrics
- Driving initiatives that promote best in class service delivery by drivers
- Hiring staff within budget and the required timelines
- Leading projects related to the driver operation of Mr D Food
- Highly analytical Thinker
- Able to make decisions from data, while being comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to work in a Tech environment
- Able to deal with people from various levels
- Able to prioritise in an environment with many priorities
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, self-monitoring & self-disciplined
- Adaptable to change
- Very organised and professional at all times
- Attention to detail
- Dynamic & energetic
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Able to motivate and lead teams
- Learning agility & adaptability
- High degree of personal motivation and resilience
- Determined to make decisions solely in the company’s long term interest
- Able to stretch as the role grows
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant University degree in business (incl. finance) or engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Minimum 5 years experience in an e-commerce, consulting, operations management or general management environment.
- Ecommerce and or tech start-up experience advantageous
- Track record of ability to execute
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.