MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented BI Developer to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the business’ BI, data and reporting needs
- Building new reports in QlikSense
- Adding new data fields to QlikView
- Setting up and maintaining automated operational and financial reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Analysis of data and providing ad-hoc reports
- Facilitating and/or setting up of reports that can be used to report on in various management and business review forums
- Working closely with all of Mr D Food’s teams to understand their data and BI needs.
- Facilitating access to the required data and also striving to make access to information as seamless as possible.
- Extracting data currently not available through our standardised BI tools.
- Analysing data and providing insights in an appropriate and easy to understand manner
- Solutions-oriented with a can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are imperative
- You have a track record of delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to distill the conclusions of findings form large data sets in easy to understand and to the point reports
- Ability and appetite to get involved in multiple projects
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple stakeholders expectations
- Focused on getting the job done, yet having fun doing so
- Taking ownership and displaying accountability in the work required of you
- There must be a keen interest in e-commerce, and even better the gig economy
Your experience and qualifications:
- You have a degree in the related fields of computer science, engineering, statistics or mathematics.
- You have experience working with big sets of data
- You have worked in the field of BI and data for 1+ years
- You have knowledge of QlikView and/or QlikSense, SQL
- Python and or R knowledge are certainly an advantage
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.