MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Operations Manager to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the daily trade metrics of Mr D Food. This includes customer, restaurant, delivery and platform metrics
- Monitors service level KPIs of restaurant support and order success teams
- Management responsibility over the operations associates, clerks and the restaurant device team.
- Responsible for the managing of daily trade exceptions
- Identifies continuous areas of improvement within the daily operations setup and initiates actions and implements processes based on requirements
- Assists with the process development for customer services, restaurant support and delivery operations stakeholders
- Responsible for helping operational stakeholders with their data and reporting needs
- Generates and analyses routine and ad-hoc operational reports
- Interacts with all of Mr D Foods operational stakeholders
- Provides input towards Mr D Food’s product development needs
- Assists the operational implementation of technical product features
- Supports Mr D Food’s area expansion efforts by coordinating internal and external stakeholders
- Direct contact for all daily trade enquiries from the marketing, sales & account management, finance, engineering and delivery teams
- Hires staff within budget and required timelines
- Participates in and leads projects related to the operations of Mr D Food
- Highly analytical Thinker
- Able to make decisions from data, while being comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to develop and implement processes
- Able to work in a Tech environment
- Able to deal with people from various levels
- Able to prioritise and to work under pressure
- Strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, self-monitoring & self-disciplined
- Adaptable to change
- Very organised and professional at all times
- Attention to detail
- Dynamic & energetic
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Able to motivate and lead teams
- Learning agility & adaptability
- High degree of personal motivation and resilience
- Determined to make decisions solely in the companies long term interest
- Able to stretch as the company scales
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant University degree in business (incl. finance) or engineering (MBA is an advantage)
- Experience in leading people
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an e-commerce, consulting, operations management or general management environment.
- E-commerce and or tech start-up experience advantageous
- Track record of ability to execute
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.