MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Operations Associate.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Support the greater operations structure in running the day to day trade operations of the Mr D Food business. This includes Restaurant and Delivery Operations as well as Customer Services.
- Ensure that the Mr D Food platform is able to trade optimally by managing and implementing processes that focus on correct system settings and the functioning of the following:
- Delivery area mapping and delivery distance settings
- Restaurant in-app visibility and their ability to take orders
- Payment platform status
- Delay alerting thresholds and order capacity management
- Trading times
- Work to optimize operational processes across the business to drive growth and improve efficiency.
- Provide insights into restaurant failures and drive operational improvements with the restaurant account management teams.
- Work to facilitate performance improvement of various teams in the business through detailed analysis, identification of operational weaknesses, process development and innovation.
- Assist and closely collaborate with the account management, restaurant partner support and customer services teams.
- Monitor and troubleshoot payment related issues
- Support the business with market and competitor analysis.
- Contribute to operational and customer facing product decisions through data driven insights
- Support with the daily investigation of order exceptions, along with the compilation of reports on operational failures and customer complaints.
- Manage operational emergencies and system failures.
- Strong analytical ability supported by solid Excel skills.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement.
- Advanced ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions.
- Willingness to buy into the requirements of a fast paced start-up environment (the bulk of our orders happen after 5pm)
- Ability to verbalize as well as visualize findings and results.
- Enterprising spirit and ability to take ownership of tasks.
- A strong interest in e-commerce.
- Strong team player.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in commerce or engineering.
- 1-3 years work experience in an operations, finance or consulting environment.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.