takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Accounts Payable Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Takealot's Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing team of accounts payable team leaders, clerks and data capturers. (Performance and talent management including administrative responsibilities)
- Managing process of onboarding new suppliers and maintenance of current suppliers on Pastel.
- Manage supplier’s credit limits, open orders and discount types with suppliers and buyers.
- Quality review of monthly supplier reconciliations (Stock and expense creditors).
- Resolving non-routine supplier queries escalated by team members, retail and warehouse departments.
- Managing ageing of all creditors and ensure timely payment. (Pastel ageing, GRIR and control accounts)
- Perform accounting procedures where required (capturing of discounts etc)
- Ensure all conditional/unconditional rebates are captured and accounted for.
- Ensure all Supplier Returns (RFC’s) are processed and accounted for.
- Monthly reporting of key funding requirements and ageing to stakeholders.
- Managing daily, weekly and monthly payment cycle.
- Upload payment batches onto the bank.
- Uploading/capturing of Bank Statements and perform Bank Reconciliations.
- Identification, investigating and solving of all system and process related issues affecting accounts payable. This includes changing current processes and implementing changes required.
- Preparation of accounts payable reports (including but not limited to Age Analysis, Open Orders, Rebates, RFCs,Credit Limit, GRIR capturing)
- Manage/create Supplier Invoicing (Rebates / Margin Support).
- Follow up on Supplier Invoices and ensure collection (cash/credit note).
- Assist with BEE Certification process.
- Ad-hoc requests from CFO and Finance Managers
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Problem solving skills
- Applicants must be in possession of a tertiary qualification (B.Com/B.Tech degree) with accounting as a major subject
- 3 – 5 Years relevant Accounts Payable Manager experience
- Experience in managing big team of clerks/data capturers
- Relevant experience in maintaining large volumes of suppliers/transactions
- Computer proficiency pertaining to MS Office is a prerequisite, strong excel skills
- Pastel experience an advantage
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference