Mr D Food is looking for a highly talented Junior Copywriter to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Senior Copywriter and Content Strategies
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the creative team with developing and writing copy for all marketing material
- Review all brand related content and ensure it is aligned to brand tone
- Assist the customer service team with scripts
- Engage with the social media platforms to leverage engagement opportunities and identify any potential risks to the brand
- Contribute ideas to building the Mr D Food brand
Skills & Attributes required:
- Passion for building memorable brands
- Creative and openminded
- Experience in marketing and communication.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.
- Highly organized and efficient, whilst being flexible and versatile.
- An enthusiasm for, and an understanding of e-commerce.
- Exceptional English writing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Tech savvy with an inquisitive mind.
- The appetite for being involved in a startup environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal & communication skills and a proven ability
- To build productive relationships quickly
- A relevant tertiary education
- 1 years experience within a copy role
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.