Mr D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Digital Marketing Assistant.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate daily and weekly management digital restaurant and promotion merchandising
- Draft reports on restaurant promotions and merchandising activities and make suggestions for improvements and optimisation.
- Assist with coordinating and loading internal retail/marketing requests for the design studio into our project management tool (ASANA)
- Assist with commercial campaign planning, scheduling, execution and post data capturing
- Assist design studio with sourcing creative requirements (e.g. research, sourcing high res imagery, etc.)
- Assist with the administration of marketing activities and liaise with suppliers and agencies.
- Chasing, reviewing and uploading creative from suppliers
- Chasing, reviewing and uploading of marketing briefs
- Reviewing artwork against specs and liaising with external creatives to ensure final artwork is correct
- Assist with planning, scheduling and checking status of production items such as restaurant and brand collateral
- Maintenance of the marketing calendar
- Co-ordinating meetings, agenda's and action points
- Co-ordinate with the Mr D Food sales team to facilitate and execute specific promotions and merchandising
- Collaborate with the restaurant data management team to execute menu specials
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Distribute marketing material to restaurant partners, 3rd parties and the sales team
Skills & Attributes required:
- A grounding in marketing and communication principles.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.
- Highly organized and efficient, whilst being flexible and versatile.
- An enthusiasm for, and an understanding of e-commerce.
- Exceptional English writing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Numerate & analytical with proficient knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with an email marketing tool, CRM or other digital marketing platform is beneficial.
- Tech savvy with an inquisitive mind.
- The appetite for being involved in a startup environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal & communication skills and a proven ability
- To build productive relationships quickly
- A minimum of 1+ years work experience in a relevant role.
- A relevant tertiary qualification. B.Com, BSc, Business Science preferred.
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager advantageous.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.