MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Finance Clerk.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain supplier and receivable accounts.
- Reconciliations of restaurant and driver partner accounts.
- Resolve finance related queries (restaurant, driver and overheads).
- Preparation of statements and distribution thereof to restaurant and driver partners.
- Processing of transactions on accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintaining the accounts payable and receivable age-analysis.
- Reconciliation of control accounts.
- Processing of daily refunds based on various payment methods.
- Executing restaurants, drivers and overhead billings.
- Managing of vouchers related requests.
- Executing weekly payment runs.
- Performing daily bank uploads.
- Additional ad hoc duties, as required within the finance department.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret statements
- Work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- A Bcom degree or Similar
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel
- Basic knowledge of Sage Evolution knowledge would be beneficial
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.