Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Listen. Solve. Care.
In the Customer Experience team, everything we do is about listening closely, solving problems, and making decisions that show our customers (and their dogs) just how much we care. We work with complex tools and processes to get things right – striking the balance of delighting customers, hitting targets, and making sure our work can be scaled as effectively as possible.
We’re empathetic, curious, and have a deep love of dogs. We’re the team that joins the dots for the whole company, keeping us true to our purpose – to improve the lives of dogs and their owners.
As the CX Operations Manager you’ll be responsible for delivering our agreed service levels in all launched channels and countries. You’ll do that through robust capacity planning and forecasting, and a high performing, motivated and engaged team of CX specialists and team leaders. As tails.com pursues ambitious growth in both customers and territories, you'll have the opportunity to test yourself and grow your role to meet our targets whilst continuing to delight our customers.
The things you’ll do
- Lead by example, empower and coach team leaders to succeed in their roles, provide clear focus and direction
- Drive a positive, performance focussed culture across the team
- Own SLA delivery across channels & markets, ensure team continuously deliver and exceed service levels
- Bring and implement best practice to CX operation, continuously finding ways to innovate and build a game-changing service
- Drive capacity optimisation to ensure there are no breaks in consistency or support available
- Effectively manage incoming volume across variety of channels & markets, continuously measuring and optimising channel performance and costs
- Passionate about providing great quality service at scale and building long-lasting relationships with customers
- Analytical, commercial and hands-on - you thrive in using data to understand and improve performance and make well informed data-led decisions
- Have proven experience in leading large teams, managing SLA delivery, capacity and channel optimisation - ideally, in a fast scaling business
- Have strong people management skills and are passionate about developing your team
- Articulate and able to communicate well cross-functionally
- Have a strategic view of operational processes, thinking and planning six to twelve months ahead
- Flexible, able to manage change and thrive in a fast-growing business
- Driven, autonomous and excited to grow with tails.com
Learn more about what it's like to work at tails.com here.
What's in it for you?
- Reward – we offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
- Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
- Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
- Time out – 25 days’ paid holiday, one volunteer day, and an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year. Paid holidays increase to 26 days on your 2 year anniversary and 27 on your 3 year anniversary.
- Family – extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Eat – free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, and we have a special breakfast on Fridays.
- Social – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Health – discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
- Pension – pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
- Loans – interest-free loans to help with the cost of a season ticket, your deposit on a rented flat, and bike to work scheme.
Have a dog? They get good things too:
- Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
- Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
- Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell