We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – then delivering straight to their door.
Now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, we’re looking for the next generation of talent within our Operations team. Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a business that’s changing the world of pet food.
Join our mission
Our Operations Development scheme is designed to give you an introduction to all aspects of Operations at tails.com as you start your career; think of it like a graduate rotation scheme (but there's no need to be a graduate). You’ll gain diverse experience across a range of disciplines that sit at the heart of our business, such as:
- Distribution - Getting our products to customers on time and in perfect condition
- Food - Delivering a product range that is innovative for pets and their owners
- Innovation & Engineering - Develop concepts and deliver projects so we meet our growth
- Planning - Ensuring we have the right stock, at the right time, in the right quantities
- Procurement - Working with our suppliers to help them exceed our service standards
- Quality - Making sure all of our products exceed our brand promise to customers
- Shift Leader - Managing our Production team to get kibbles mixed and shipped!
You’ll have 3 month rotations across a combination of these departments, working on projects or initiatives designed to change the world of pet food for good.
Here are the main things we're looking for
- A degree isn’t essential - a demonstrable interest in a career within Operations is
- Analytical, inquisitive and results focussed
- A confident written and verbal communicator
- Willing and able to be based at our Heathrow factory, with time spent at our Richmond Head Office from time to time
- Legally entitled to work in the UK on a full time basis
Bonus points if you’ve:
- Familiarity with any of SQL, Python, Tableau, Excel
- Any professional level competency with European languages (ideally French or German)
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work. (Competitive salary, share options, breakfast, great coffee and the dog-friendly office help too.)
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell