Challenge the status quo of two key acquisition channels in order to step change performance in the UK and internationally. You’ll need to make sense of vast amounts of data, all whilst thinking like our customers, to deliver our ambitious growth plans.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
See data. Think customer.
In Performance Marketing it’s our job to inspire people to try tails.com for the first time – firing up their interest in our food and setting their dog up for a lifetime of health and happiness.
Boil it down, and we excel at two things. First, we make sense of a vast amount of data, looking for the nuances of who responded to which ad in what channel. Second, we think like our customers, going deeper into why some things work and some things don’t. Then we develop hypotheses to test, learn, and iterate. That combination of analytical and creative thinking is what pushes us to ever greater achievements.
It’s fast, technical, and creative. Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
This is a high impact commercial role, making an important contribution to our growth plans in the UK and France. Delivering new customer acquisition via both our paid search (PPC) and customer referral channel, you’ll be expected to challenge the status quo in order to step change performance.
The things you’ll do
- Maximise new customer acquisition cost effectively through two important channels (Paid search and customer referral)
- Analyse and report on the success of campaigns, to drive continued improvement
- Work closely with our growth squad to set up and run A/B tests to drive performance
- Optimise landing pages, creative and copy through continual test and learn
- Liaise regularly with our creative agency to deliver marketing assets from initial idea to sign off
The skills you’ll bring
- Hands-on experience of SEM, strong knowledge of Google Adwords and Google analytics (customer referral experience and other performance channels a bonus)
- Demonstrable experience of driving impact through analysing and understanding performance, then iterating on what's working
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships within and across teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving performance marketing environment
- Bonus - fluency in other European languages
What's in it for you?
Reward – we offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time out – 25 days’ paid holiday, one volunteer day, and an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year. Paid holidays increase to 26 days on your 2 year anniversary and 27 on your 3 year anniversary.
Family – extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
Eat – free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, and we have a special breakfast on Fridays.
Social – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health – discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension – pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Loans – interest-free loans to help with the cost of a season ticket, your deposit on a rented flat, and bike to work scheme.
Have a dog? They get good things too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell