We are looking for a results-driven Product Manager to lead the product thinking and delivery on a core area of Tails.com’s digital experience.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Delight our customers
Join Product Management at tails.com, and you’ll be right in the midst of the action – working with people across the company to create product experiences that delight our customers. No one does what we do in the direct-to-consumer space, so it’s your chance to really make your mark.
We work in highly collaborative cross-functional squads, bringing together engineers and designers and researchers and data analysts and whoever else we need to get the work done. As a company, we’re small enough that everything you do has an impact, and we’re big enough for that impact to be meaningful for thousands of customers and their dogs.
We’re curious. We juggle many things at once. We balance the customer mindset with the commercial one, always looking for results. To really thrive here you’ll be open to feedback, eager to learn, and quick to adapt.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
How you will contribute (key responsibilities):
- Co-create the product roadmap with a cross-functional team including user experience design and research, engineering, food and operations, marketing, finance, and customer teams;
- Deliver the right digital experiences focussing on the right customer needs and opportunities for each market using Agile methodologies;
- Be responsible - with cross-functional partners - for the definition and delivery of both the customer outcomes and commercial metrics using OKRs and other frameworks;
- Identify and articulate the internal and external customers’ needs in order to inform the product experience opportunities;
- Be an active member of the Product Management team by helping drive continuous improvement in the team’s skills.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Directly managed successful software products from concept to adoption - especially those with a strong technical element - with experience in all stages of the product life cycle in a high growth environment;
- Have a commercial mindset (KPIs, qualitative and quantitative insights) coupled with strong product management experience that is focussed on customer needs;
- A test & learn approach to product management by delivering what matters most iteratively and not wait for ‘perfect’ -’ ie a bias to action;
- High emotional intelligence, energy to adapt, and manage change in a high-growth company where you are part of the process definition
- Proven experience in Agile and Lean methodologies, so know and have done what good looks like;
- An open-minded approach to working collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
What's in it for you?
Reward – we offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time out – 25 days’ paid holiday, one volunteer day, and an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year. Paid holidays increase to 26 days on your 2 year anniversary and 27 on your 3 year anniversary.
Family – extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
Eat – free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, and we have a special breakfast on Fridays.
Social – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health – discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension – pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Loans – interest-free loans to help with the cost of a season ticket, your deposit on a rented flat, and bike to work scheme.
Have a dog? They get good things too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell