We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – then delivering straight to their door.
Now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, we’re looking for a pragmatic Packaging and Process Engineer. Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a business that’s changing the world of pet food.
Join our mission
You’ll be developing our functional packaging to better meet our customer needs while making sure we have the right balance between service, quality, cost and sustainability.
You will be responsible for:
- Technical packaging performance and supporting procurement and quality to uphold and measure that performance.
- Supporting and enabling feasibility testing for new or existing packaging.
- Supporting physical product team in launching new products.
- Making sure our packaging is optimised for our automated machinery.
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll be supporting a customer retention project by setting up a new process to support live testing of packaging changes.
- Working with procurement to functionally test sustainable packaging.
- Analyse our current corrugated shipping boxes to understand if we can reduce complexity.
Here are the essentials we’re looking for:
- A team player with brilliant communication skills.
- Strong understanding of functional packaging. You will have designed, tested or implemented packaging previously.
- Ability to solve problems using practical and analytical approaches.
- Objective oriented with a drive to deliver customer-led packaging solutions.
- Ability to drive and work with a test and learn approach. You will be focused and decisive and take risks where needed.
- A growth mindset, comfortable with stepping outside your comfort zone.
Bonus points if you’ve:
- Worked with e-commerce packaging previously.
- Understanding of print technologies.
- Experience running projects with cross-functional team members.
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work. (Competitive salary, share options, breakfast, great coffee and the dog-friendly office in Richmond help too.)
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell