Tails.com is a tech-centric startup, using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of dog food for good.
8 million. That’s how many meals we deliver every single month, and we’re just getting started.
Imagine a world where what you feed your dog is being as carefully optimised as the recommendation engine for what to watch next on Netflix. Well that world exists - we’re creating it right now.
So where do you come in? Turn 8 million into 4 billion. We’ll need new nutrition algorithms that handle more types of food. We’ll need better pricing engines for value engineering. And we’ll need to keep making sure our customer experience is top of the line in a constantly evolving E-commerce world.
We're looking for someone who has a passion for technology, who wants to ensure quality of products and features that our customers love.
We're currently in the process of adding a QA team to our existing, 25 people strong engineering team. This is your chance to become one of the founding members of our growing Tails.com QA team and work in a Squad to ensure every release brings value to our end users.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum or DevOps environment
- A fantastic understanding of, and experience with, a breadth of testing types and techniques (Ad-hoc, Regression, Exploratory, Risk-based)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test artefacts
- Experience with test and bug tracking tools (Azure, Clubhouse, Jira, TestRail, etc)
- Working experience of Front-end Automation test scripts in a BDD framework (Behave, Cucumber, Pytest, etc)
- Good analytical skills – Great understanding of business requirements and an ability to drive conversations around quality with developers and product owners
- Demonstrable experience in being a great team player, strong verbal and written communicator
- Proactive, self-organised, creative problem solver
- A genuine passion for quality, and a determination to follow issues through to resolution
- Experience working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams
- Working experience of Python or other programming languages
- Understanding of continuous integration practices within a project
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year. 1 day volunteer leave so you can support a cause you believe in (Paws for a cause).
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell