We’re looking for a talented CX Team Leader to help build and inspire a team of high-performing specialists as part of our international growth.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the worlds largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Team Leader - International
We are looking for a talented Customer Experience Team Leader to play a big role in our international growth. As well as leading a team of high performing French CX Specialists, you will play an active role in the operational set up of our new market, Germany. Using your leadership skills, problem-solving ability and love for customer service, you will be the person on the ground helping to ensure we continue to deliver world-class customer service in our international markets as we grow.
Our aim is to change the world of pet food for good, and as part of your role, you will play a pivotal role in helping us deliver this in English and German.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering SLAs and quality requirements
- Creating visibility on performance, ensuring our team deliver a high-quality customer experience whilst helping us scale
- Effectively onboarding our German team and managing the performance of our international operation
- Leading the way in delivering world-class service through coaching and mentoring your growing team
- Take ownership of setting our best practices. You will be playing a key role in what is essentially a business within a business, so you must thrive in a test-and-learn environment and working as part of a team in iterating to find the best course of action for our international team
- Using your entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and play an active part in changing the world of pet food for good!
- Experience in leading a team of CX specialist in a multilingual environment, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrable experience in improving processes, workflows and service for your customers and your team
- A customer-led mindset - you must have an understanding of the levers needed to be pulled in order to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Recent experience in handling customer conversations and a desire to stay actively involved in the day-to-day of your team
- Confidence in analysing and interpreting data
- The ability to positively influence a team and drive a high-performance culture
- Speaks German like a native
Bonus if you have:
- Fluency in French is an additional bonus
- Experience with Zendesk, Conversocial or a similar customer service CRM tool
What’s in it for you?
Reward – we offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time out – 25 days’ paid holiday, one volunteer day, and an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year. Paid holidays increase to 26 days on your 2 year anniversary and 27 on your 3 year anniversary.
Family – extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
Eat – free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, and we have a special breakfast on Fridays.
Social – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health – discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension – pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Loans – interest-free loans to help with the cost of a season ticket, your deposit on a rented flat, and bike to work scheme.
Have a dog? They get good things too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell