Maintenance Leader - Heathrow
We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, straight to each customer’s door.
We’ve recently received investment from Nestlé Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
You will be a hand-on leader of the Maintenance Team and to be involved with planned and reactive maintenance activities that impact all production lines across the facility. Reporting to the Production Manager you will be working closely with production to support the maintenance to automation machinery, production equipment and facilities within a fast-paced food manufacturer.
You will input, perform and drive maintenance projects that improve the safety, capability and efficiency of the operation as we grow in the UK and internationally. You will need to show that working in a safe and visible manner and ensuring the workshop is in good order becomes general practise. You will be required to take ownership of some projects and provide a solution to problems with the help of the Production Manager, ensuring that all work is to a high standard set by Tails.com.
- Responsible for creating maintenance procedures and documentation of good work practices
- Helping with the rollout of new preventative maintenance program and spares inventory system
- Carry out general maintenance, good housekeeping practices to ensure that the life expectancy of all installed equipment at Tails.com is maximised.
- Ensuring you and your team respond to the daily maintenance and repair requests while working in a communicative manner with all stakeholders.
- Ensure all the maintenance consumables are available and arrange replenishment to ensure agreed stock levels are maintained.
- Participate in Health & Safety processes of safe working to ensure total compliance with Health & Safety. Report any omissions or risks that might compromise a safe working environment.
- Supervision of contractors on site and ensuring that correct site procedures are followed e.g. Permit to Work, Health & Safety induction and Non-disclosures.
- Asset management and tracking.
- Someone who is happy to get their hands dirty and comfortable to be a hands-on leader
- Technical knowledge & experience of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Good Problem solving skills
- People management experience
- Flexible & adaptable attitude, going the extra mile to solve issues
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills
- Workload Organisation and Prioritisation
- Be able to work autonomously
Nice to Have
- CMMS working knowledge or experience
- Experience with automated machinery
- Budget management experience
- Proficient with Office (Excel and Word)
- Manufacturing experience
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year, we'll also give you a day off each year to volunteer in your community
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell