Join our mission
We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog, delivered straight to their door.
Now delivering over 6 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, we're looking for an impact-driven Head of Product Management to lead our growing team of (digital) product managers.
How you will contribute (key responsibilities):
- Lead product managers who are part of cross-functional squads working across the different digital experiences;
- Help the product managers grow professionally by coaching, setting clear development goals and stretching objectives, with regular check-in on progress so that they can do the best work of their lives and be a great team;
- Be equally obsessed by metrics and qualitative customer insights because you genuinely care about our customers;
- Support your team to set hypotheses, test riskiest assumptions and break down complex problems into small steps, so helping make judgement calls on MVP experimental work versus iterative improvements that deliver incremental gains for the customers and the company;
- Set best practices within product management discipline for test & learn, communication, analytics, product discovery et al;
- Collaborate with your leadership peers in product design and software engineering to define and implement effective ways of working;
- Define and execute on product vision and strategy with bias to doing what matters most on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly - because you love to ship products;
- Support and coordinate with cross-functional teams in balancing resource constraints to deliver to our ambition and adjust course when needed; and
- Contribute to the senior management team that this role is a member of.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Directly managed successful software products from concept to adoption, with experience in all stages of the product life cycle and during rapid growth;
- Directly managed product managers, and are passionate about developing people and growing them to be part of high-performing teams;
- Can demonstrate a track record of leading fast-paced change delivery resulting in positive business results;
- Built strong working relationships with UXDR and software engineering partners well as across the wider organisation (e.g. marketing, finance) because you are a confident communicator and team builder;
- High emotional intelligence and energy to adapt and manage change in a high-growth company;
- Proven experience in Agile and Lean methodologies, so know and have done what good looks like;
- Excellent commercial and customer focussed mind-set so able to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work; and
- Led products or product teams who have successfully expanded internationally.
What's in it for you?
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year, we'll also give you a day off each year to volunteer in your community
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell