We’re tails.com – experts in keeping dogs happy and healthy. We do that by creating a unique tails.com recipe for each and every dog, asking owners a few simple questions – and then delivering straight to the door. It’s radical stuff. Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a business that’s changing the world of pet food for good.
A tasty recipe
Listening closely. Understanding what customers and their dogs need. Solving problems. Making decisions. Those are the secrets to getting it right every time – hearing what each customer has to say, then working out how we’ll make them utterly delighted. That’s not exaggerating. Our whole business is built around phenomenal service – putting you right at the heart of one of the most successful start-ups around. From logistics to tech, you’ll get to see every part of our business from the customer’s perspective. And you’ll be working with our Nutrition and Veterinary Teams to deliver the right nutrition in a taste each dog loves.
How you can help us achieve this
You love dogs, and working with our French customers to solve their requests puts a smile on your face. You are either a qualified veterinary nurse (or technician!) or have a background in animal science, with an interest in pet nutrition and you are looking for the opportunity to develop this field of knowledge.
You’ll be helping to pave the way into new markets by getting to know our French customers and being part of our Customer Experience Team (both French and UK), feeding insights back into the company - helping us to be the best we can be. Over time as your knowledge builds and the market grows, there will be the opportunity to develop into a Nutrition Specialist, finding new ways to support our customers.
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work. (Breakfast, drinks and the dog-friendly office in Richmond help too.)
- Answering customer queries via our different channels in French. From account updates to delivery questions to nutrition queries - listen closely and understand what customer needs, then autonomously offering them a solution.
- Effectively communicate in English to other teams within tails.com when required
- Growing your nutrition knowledge over time by working with the Nutrition team. Helping to make recommendations on their dog’s diet and tailoring their dog’s feeding plan to suit their health needs.
- Being effective in everything you do while always asking “How can we do this better?”.
- Love dogs! Making our customers feel part of the tails.com family.
- Passionate about nutrition and getting it right for every dog because no two dogs or their owners are the same
- Qualified vet nurse or Auxiliaire Spécialisé Vétérinaire or hold a degree in Animal Science, Zoology, Applied Biology or similar
- Methodical, love the detail and never miss a trick
- Have superb oral and written skills in French and English, and can clearly communicate with customers and cross-functionally at tails.com
- Happy and confident to work in a team but enjoy having your own autonomy as well
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can quickly adapt to change
- Passionate about learning and driven when it comes to your own development
What’s on offer?
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
- A dog friendly office
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog