We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK and France, straight to each customer’s door.
We’ve recently received investment from Nestlé / Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
We’re looking for a People Administrator who will support tails.com with ensuring our people processes run like clockwork.
As our People Administrator you’ll:
- manage payroll for a growing team of 160 people. Including correctly capturing pay reviews, maternity leave, sick leave etc.
- ensure all HR records are up-to-date, in accordance with our company policies and legal requirements
- manage and be the subject matter expert in our HR system (bob)
- capture and process employee benefits
- coordinate our onboarding and offboarding procedures
- administer our share award scheme
- coordinate our employee of the month award
You’ll be a part of our People team of six and report into Henrik, our Head of People.
This role provides a great foundation if you are interested in pursuing a career in HR/People.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- are highly organised
- have impeccable accuracy and attention to detail
- thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly-growing environment
- able to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- good IT skills (Google Suite, HR system bob, Dropbox)
- excellent time management skills
- proactive can-do attitude
Bonus points if you have:
- previously worked in an HR/People team and have a relevant qualification, e.g. in Human Resources, Management or Psychology
- experience of managing payroll
- a good understanding and knowledge of employment law and procedures
What’s on offer?
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
- A dog friendly office
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog