We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK and France, straight to each customer’s door. To give our customers a great experience, we’re rapidly growing our team.
We’ve recently received investment from Nestlé / Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
We’re looking for a People Partner to work with the Operations team, at the same time as being responsible for recruitment overall at tails.com. This is a great opportunity to step into a newly created role and support the growth of tails.com. It is currently a UK-focused role, with plans to grow into an international remit.
As People Partner for Operations, you’ll:
- advise and coach the Heads-of and Director within the Operations team, to support the development and delivery of the tails.com people approach
- together with these senior managers, build a People Plan for Operations that supports the current and future functional people needs
- develop the capability of our Operations managers through coaching and mentoring, to help them be great leaders of their teams
You will also:
- be responsible for all recruitment-related aspects at tails.com and recommend our internal and external recruitment strategy going forward, including facilitating recruitment training, supporting hiring managers with succession planning and building strong partnerships with relevant external parties
- review our recruitment practices and recommend, lead and implement relevant improvements
- coach, mentor and develop two Talent Coordinators
You’ll report to the Head of People. The role requires at least 1 day a week at our Heathrow site and 4 days a week in Richmond.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- proven track record as a People Partner within a high-growth environment
- experience of interviewing candidates up to Head-of level
- great understanding of recruitment best-practice
- have strong relationship building skills and are a confident communicator
- are self-aware, personable and have high emotional intelligence
- have the ability to balance legal and operational requirements with a ‘common sense’ approach to solving people-related problems
- relevant qualification
Ideally, you’ll have:
- People partner experience within an international environment
- People Partner experience within an Operations/Factory environment
- Line manager experience
What’s on offer?
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog