We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK and France, straight to each customer’s door. To give our customers a great experience, we’re rapidly growing our team.
We’ve recently received investment from Nestlé / Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
We’re looking for a People Partner to work with the Operations team, at the same time as being responsible for recruitment overall at tails.com. This is a great opportunity to step into a newly created role and support the growth of tails.com. It is currently a UK-focused role, with plans to grow into an international remit.
As People Partner for Operations, you’ll:
- advise and coach the Heads-of and Director within the Operations team, to support the development and delivery of the tails.com people approach
- together with these senior managers, build a People Plan for Operations that supports the current and future functional people needs
- develop the capability of our Operations managers through coaching and mentoring, to help them be great leaders of their teams
You will also:
- be responsible for all recruitment-related aspects at tails.com and recommend our internal and external recruitment strategy going forward, including facilitating recruitment training, supporting hiring managers with succession planning and building strong partnerships with relevant external parties
- review our recruitment practices and recommend, lead and implement relevant improvements
- coach, mentor and develop two Talent Coordinators
You’ll report to the Head of People. The role requires at least 1 day a week at our Heathrow site and 4 days a week in Richmond.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- a proven track record as a People Partner within a high-growth environment
- experience of interviewing candidates up to Head-of level
- a great understanding of recruitment best-practice
- strong relationship building skills and are a confident communicator
- high emotional intelligence, are self-aware and personable
- the ability to balance legal and operational requirements with a ‘common sense’ approach to solving people-related problems
- relevant qualification
Ideally, you’ll have:
- People partner experience within an international environment
- People Partner experience within an Operations/Factory environment
- Line manager experience
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell