If you were a dog right now you’d be leaping about by the door, in that uncontainable moment just before walkies – when the day is new and the world is full of opportunity. And squirrels.
OK so you’re not a dog, but this is a new opportunity so hold onto that exuberance and energy because we want to see it. You’re a digital designer and we’re tails.com – and together we’re going to change the world of pet food for good. It’s an exciting time to join us: we’re growing fast, serving millions of meals a month to thousands of dogs across the UK and France. And there’s a new cavapoo puppy in the office called Dylan.
You’ll be bringing our brand to life across our digital channels. We need someone who will:
- Create high-performing work that delivers on the tails.com brand strategy and guidelines.
- Get the work done; also ask questions and challenge us to be more creative in everything we do. Be ambitious, excited, and motivated to try out new ideas.
- Work with teams across tails.com to shape briefs and solve problems.
- Design digital video and static ads from concept to execution, helping us hit our performance marketing targets. You’ll be happy to iterate on best performing ads, and come up with new concepts to test.
- Create digital assets across our platforms – from designing web pages to creating new ways to inspire customers to act.
Creativity, passion, energy, flare, a love of dogs – and a dash of commercial instinct.
Here are the essentials we’re looking for:
- Your design experience – whether you’ve developed your skills in an agency or in-house, you’ll have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills in graphics, type, imagery, and video.
- Your ecommerce know-how – you can show how you’ve designed for specific customer groups, using the principles of direct response marketing to drive conversion.
- You’ll be a pro on digital tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Premier Pro, After Effects, Sketch and Invision.
- You’ll be resourceful, energetic, and inquisitive – asking the right questions to clarify the brief.
And these are the nice-to-haves:
- Experience in food and lifestyle brands, designing for a target audience of mainstream female shoppers
- Experience adapting ads and other digital content for other countries and languages: English, French, and German specifically.
- Understand pet ownership and what pets mean to people
- Art direction experience – there’ll be opportunities to work on photo shoots and film shoots for digital advertising (with in-house production support), working with input and direction from our brand marketing manager and performance team.
To work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
- Work – flexible hours mean you can start anytime 7-10am and finish 4-7pm
- Learn – we’re growing fast, so you’ll be stretched and challenged and given the development opportunities that you only find in a high-growth business
- Travel – season ticket loan and bike to work
- Eat – free breakfast every day, and a fully-stocked kitchen
- Relax – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Get away – 25 days’ paid holiday, plus an extra 5 days unpaid if you want it
Got a dog? They get benefits too:
- Free food – your dog’s unique recipe, for free. Or 50% off for a family member or friend.
- Friends – it’s a very dog-friendly office, with new pals to sniff and lunchtime walks around leafy Richmond
- Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
- Time to bond – our pooch plan means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell