We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, straight to each customer’s door.
We’ve recently received investment from Nestlé Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
We’re looking for a Planning Manager to ensure that we fulfil every customer order now and in the future. They’ll do this by making sure we have high availability of stock with controlled cost, delivered through a high performing team using simplified, scaleable and collaborative planning processes. This role reports directly to the Head of Supply Chain and is part of our Operations Team based at Heathrow.
Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a direct to customer subscription business that’s changing the world of pet food for good. Customers and their dogs are at the heart of tails.com; we want each and every dog and owner to love being a part of the tails.com pack.
Our Planning Manager leads a team of 3 Supply Planners who are responsible to ensure our operation has raw materials and consumables on hand across our fulfilment locations in the UK and Europe. This role is based predominantly at our Heathrow office with some time spent on the factory floor, and occasional opportunities to visit factory and supplier sites in the UK and Europe.
We’ll be looking for you to:
- Recruit, retain, and develop the team of Supply Planners
- Ensure best practice and process in tails.com MRP and lead by example
- Assess visibility and control of planning information, systems and tools and input into the strategy to improve these over time in line with tails.com growth plans
- Work with Distribution Manager and Production manager to prepare long range capacity plans for stock holding and working capital
- Support the S&OP process through understanding Tails’ demand forecast and sharing information on impact to supply over short and long term horizons
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to ensure great service for all purchased items
- Hold internal and external stakeholders to account if they don’t perform to our high standards
- Deliver tails business initiatives working collaboratively within cross functional teams
You will need to:
- Have a proven track record in people management
- Be analytically excellent and have a degree in an analytical or numerical discipline
- Have previous experience of supply chain operations of which some time must have been spent in food manufacturing
- Have had responsibility for managing business expenditure in a previous role
- Have advanced excel skills, and the ability to analyse large data sets to create KPIs to drive improvements
- Have experience in cross-functional project management, involving external stakeholders
- Be able to demonstrate examples of process improvement, delivering financial savings
- Have excellent communication skills (fluent written and spoken English). Will demonstrate ability to communicate clearly, concisely and firmly with internal and external stakeholders where appropriate
Other useful skills include:
- Previous experience within an enterprise experiencing rapid growth, within a small business unit or start-up
- Knowledge of data analysis software or programming languages
- Experience in project managing software or systems implementations
- Knowledge of Lean principles
- Procurement experience, especially understanding supplier relationship management
What’s on offer?
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog