We're tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, straight to each customer's door.
We've recently received investment from Nestlé Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for a Quality Systems Technologist who has a passion for Quality and Food Safety Management. The successful candidate will be based in Heathrow and will be part of a team which is changing the world of pet food for good.
You will be reporting into the Quality Manager and get full exposure to our game-changing mix of technology, processes and brilliant people. This exciting mix has enabled us to build our unique mass-customization process - the process that blends every bag of tails.com specifically to the needs of each dog receiving our monthly feeding plan.
Taking ownership of the Quality Management System of our Heathrow factory you will:
- Develop and effectively implement an integrated Quality Management System.
- Develop the Quality and Food Safety culture.
- Develop and maintain the HACCP system and be the Tails HACCP team leader.
- Work to optimise and streamline quality processes to ensure they are hitting business objectives.
- Ensure systems comply with all relevant legislation and code of practices relating to pet food manufacture, hygiene and food manufacturing (excluding health and safety legislation).
- Ensure the training materials and processes are set up to ensure factory have the necessary training and competency in HACCP, procedures and GMP to maintain the expected standards.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure factory QC resources are sufficient to meet business objectives and needs.
- Ensure finished products meet the quality standards and customers expectations. Work collaboratively with production to continuously improve, innovate and challenge our standards.
- Manage a team of 2 initially, with the potential to grow over time.
- Have a degree or/and background in food manufacturing, food science and quality management preferred.
- Have a level 3 HACCP training.
- Are able to demonstrate experience in developing or improving quality management and HACCP systems.
- Are able to demonstrate staff management skills.
- Attention to the detail.
- A desire to grow and learn quickly in a growing SME environment.
- Positive thinking and organised– you'll have bags of get up and go, coupled with the confidence to ask questions and challenge the norm.
- A team player and self-motivated – you'll be interacting with all members of the operational team and Head Office, so a positive attitude is a must.
What we’re offering
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days of unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog