We’re tails.com – a mission-driven company that puts the health and wellness of dogs first. We believe every pet is different and so we make tailor-made nutrition catering for the individual needs of each dog. We do that by asking owners a few simple questions, creating the perfect tails.com recipe and feeding plan for their dog – now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, straight to each customer’s door.
We’ve recently received investment from Nestlé Purina PetCare who share our vision and are excited to provide insights and investment to help drive our mission as we grow in the UK and internationally.
You will be a hand-on leader of the Maintenance Team and to be involved with planned and reactive maintenance activities that impact all production lines across the facility. Reporting to the Production Manager you will be working closely with production to support the maintenance to automation machinery, production equipment and facilities within a fast-paced food manufacturer.
You will input, perform and drive maintenance projects that improve the safety, capability and efficiency of the operation as we grow in the UK and internationally. You will need to show that working in a safe and visible manner and ensuring the workshop is in good order becomes general practise. You will be required to take ownership of some projects and provide a solution to problems with the help of the Production Manager, ensuring that all work is to a high standard set by Tails.com.
- Responsible for creating maintenance procedures and documentation of good work practices
- Helping with the rollout of new preventative maintenance program and spares inventory system
- Carry out general maintenance, good housekeeping practices to ensure that the life expectancy of all installed equipment at Tails.com is maximised.
- Ensuring you and your team respond to the daily maintenance and repair requests while working in a communicative manner with all stakeholders.
- Ensure all the maintenance consumables are available and arrange replenishment to ensure agreed stock levels are maintained.
- Participate in Health & Safety processes of safe working to ensure total compliance with Health & Safety. Report any omissions or risks that might compromise a safe working environment.
- Supervision of contractors on site and ensuring that correct site procedures are followed e.g. Permit to Work, Health & Safety induction and Non-disclosures.
- Asset management and tracking.
- Someone who is happy to get their hands dirty and comfortable to be a hands-on leader
- Technical knowledge & experience of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Good Problem solving skills
- People management experience
- Flexible & adaptable attitude, going the extra mile to solve issues
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills
- Workload Organisation and Prioritisation
- Be able to work autonomously
Nice to Have
- CMMS working knowledge or experience
- Experience with automated machinery
- Budget management experience
- Proficient with Office (Excel and Word)
- Manufacturing experience
What’s on Offer
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog