Senior UX Designer
Are you ready to change the world of pet food for good?
tails.com is a tech-centric startup, using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of pet food for good.
We launched to the public in July 2014. We’re proud members of the TechCity Future Fifty, a prestigious network of the UK's fastest growing tech companies, and last year were ranked #4 in the Startups 100 index of exciting UK startups to watch. We also scooped a whole bunch of awards at the 2016 and 2017 Startups Awards.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll join our fast-growing customer-centric and discovery led digital product team. You’ll be responsible for championing the customer experience within your agile team as well as across the wider company. You’ll work alongside our UX researchers, product managers, and software engineers, taking ownership of turning insights and data into well-formulated design decisions. Your work will aim to inform and delight our users, and thus help shape the future of the tails.com customer experience.
- Work collaboratively with UX researchers, product managers, other UX/product designers and stakeholders. Identify and define new experiences, and design the end-to-end workflows, interactions, and high fidelity designs (with the help of our design system)
- Take your team members as well as the wider business stakeholders through the design journey: from running discovery workshops, all the way through to delivering the final high fidelity designs
- Iterate and improve upon shipped or upcoming pieces of work based on feedback from the wider team as well as users
- Marry together quantitative and qualitative metrics to make informed design decisions.
- Coach and develop other designers as well as the wider team with your contagious enthusiasm for user-centered design
- Advocate for user-centered product thinking with the rest of the company, and contributing to continuous improvement in our ways of working
We’re looking for a passionate, curious user experience designer who gets a kick from solving complex user problems and delivering beautiful but useful experiences.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You enjoy working in a highly inclusive and collaborative teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly-growing agile environment
- You’ve worked on complex problems and enjoy breaking them down with the team
- You build strong and trusted relationships within companies
- You enjoy taking on large projects and working closely with the team and the wider business to tackle them
- You have a portfolio demonstrating experience in building user-centered products
- You are highly empathetic, and enjoy getting stuck into user research and evaluating quantitative data to better understand user needs
- You have expert knowledge of the designer toolkit e.g. Sketch, Invision etc
- You have excellent planning and communication skills
- You enjoy receiving as well as giving constructive feedback
- You are team spirited, and always willing to get stuck in
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary depending on experience and generous share awards
- Flexible core working hours (start 7-10am, finish 4-7pm, 9 hours in total)
- Social activities (Sports activities, Bacon Fridays, Friday beers, Christmas party, Doubling party, Team socials)
- Free breakfast, coffee, tea every day
- Dog-friendly office
- A fully stocked kitchen is one of the perks of working at tails.com, but on Friday we take it further with bacon for breakfast and a few drinks at the end of the day to finish off the week.
- You have the best riverside and parkland walks at your doorstep
- Free tailor-made food for your dog or 50% off for family or friends