We turned dog food upside-down.
But we didn’t stop there.
Every dog is unique, every blend is unique, every action has a reaction
We’re tails.com – experts in keeping dogs happy and healthy. We do that by creating the perfect tails.com recipe for each and every dog, asking owners a few simple questions – and then delivering straight to the door. It’s new and disruptive. Algorithms and data have been at the centre of what we’re doing from day one. Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a business that’s not just changing the world of pet food – but also the way that data is used in pet food for ever.
Unmined insights are there, and we’re hungry for it
Our subscription model means we can trace a dog feeding tails through their full journey with us, from how and when they found out about us right through to what they (or their human) has done on our website, what products they order from us and what their blend was in their 27th box and beyond. This is a treasure trove of raw data, and it’s growing at breakneck speed as the number of dogs feeding our food doubles every year. Data alone isn’t going to help us change the world of pet food for good though, we need insight.
That’s where you come in.
In your first 12 months you will:
- Gain experience working across the whole business, from acquisition marketing through to our factory operations. You’ll help them solve some of their toughest problems, bringing clarity out of our unique data to guide them through their initiative planning, delivery and measurement.
- Use tools like tableau to build visualisations and dashboards to keep the company on track and help people make great decisions.
- Become fluent in SQL and how to use a data warehouse (Redshift or Snowflake). Supported by regular coaching and a close-knit team, you’ll develop your skills to be completely self sufficient at getting the data you need, quickly and efficiently.
- Learn a range of statistical and analytical techniques such as traditional AB testing and Bayesian methods.
- Feel part of our vision to change the world of pet food for good
We don’t do long product timelines, unread reports, massive hierarchies or hiding analysts in the basement. Half of your time will be spent with people right across the business, partnering with them to help turn their thoughts and initiatives into something quantifiable & measurable while the other half is then developing top notch analytics and visualisation to help us make great decisions. On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work. Competitive salary, share awards as standard, breakfast, great coffee and the dog-friendly office in Richmond help too.
We’re not big on keeping things the same as they’ve always been. Come and be on the front line of changing the world of pet food for good.
What's on offer?
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog