Richmond & Heathrow
United by a love of dogs and a belief that technology can help make things better.
We’re tails.com – experts in keeping dogs happy and healthy. We do that by creating the
perfect tails.com recipe for each and every dog. We are committed to making a product that
can help change lives for the better. And so far, according to our customers, it’s working.
That’s where you come in.
Joining our team means that as well as growing your own capabilities, you will have the
chance to make a visible and positive impact for both our customers and our business.
We’re looking for a driven Procurement Specialist to join our growing team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager. You will be a part of a small and dedicated team that supports the entire business across a diverse range of categories, from the latest software, to the tastiest dog treat.
You’ll have a track record in holding suppliers to account for quality, service and cost in a collaborative way. You’ll get a thrill from analysing data and information to negotiate great deals.
We make sure our suppliers across product and services, deliver with high quality and excellent service, providing true value for money.
- Take the lead on their own procurement projects, and support the Procurement Manager with data analysis and insights for major contract negotiations
- Support our wider team when bringing on new suppliers
- Delivering on category management plans and working independently on their own projects
- Agreeing demands and wishes with the wider team, specifying buys and identifying prospective suppliers
- Engaging suppliers to get quotations, analysing offers and negotiating to close the deal
- Reviewing and drafting contracts
- Champion best practice procurement throughout Tails
- Ensure contract performance across your key categories
- Strengthen supplier relationship management, whilst delivering exceptional supplier performance
We are looking for a great team player who will fit in and contribute to the open and driven
culture of a rapidly growing business. You will instinctively looks for ways to improve what we
do and a strong desire to develop your skills in buying and negotiation. You’re commercially
minded and able to see the bigger picture around Gross Margin to drive the best deals for
the business and our customers.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You have previous exposure to buying or supply chain ideally within a SME, FMCG or e-commerce business, experiencing rapid growth is a big bonus
- Have working knowledge of procurement processes with particular attention to tender process
- Had responsibility for managing expenditure and or a category in your previous role
- Great excel skills and comfortable analysing large data sets
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly, concisely and firmly with suppliers when required, and to manage cross functional projects with internal stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to engage stakeholders internally and externally at various levels
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Competitive basic salary to suit your experience
- Generous employee share award
- 23 days’ holiday per year (increasing by 1 day annually up to 27 days)
- A fantastic entrepreneurial work environment, free daily breakfasts and great coffee
- Discounted tails.com dog food for you or 50% off for a family member or friend
- Regular after-work activities and team events
- Bring your dog to work with you