tails.com is a tech-centric startup, using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of pet food for good.
We launched to the public in July 2014. We’re proud members of the TechCity Future Fifty, a prestigious network of the UK's fastest growing tech companies, and last year were ranked #4 in the Startups 100 index of exciting UK startups to watch. We also scooped a whole bunch of awards at the 2016 and 2017 Startups Awards.
4 million. That’s how many meals we deliver every single month, and we’re just getting started.
Imagine a world where what you feed your dog is being as carefully optimised as the recommendation engine for what to watch next on Netflix. That’s what we’re creating.
So where do you come in? As we continue to scale rapidly, we have lots to do. We’ll need to keep improving our signup flow to help more owners get started with tailor-made nutrition. We’ll need more intuitive, feature rich tools to put our customers in control of how they manage their dogs’ wellbeing. We’ll need more powerful tools for our internal teams to keep the magic happening behind the scenes. And we’ll need new nutrition algorithms that handle more types of food.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll wear many hats in tackling these sorts of diverse challenges, including:
Acting as a lead for one of our squads, working closely alongside awesome developers and designers
Owning the product backlog and roadmap for your area - figuring out what we should be building next through smart discovery and prioritisation
Co-creating with our users, as well as cross-functionally, to deliver change - while continuously driving communication on behalf of the squad with the rest of the business
Setting clear measures of success, then closing the loop by measuring impact - ensuring that we’re always learning
Advocating for user-centred product thinking with the rest of the company, and contributing to continuous improvement in our ways of working
We’re looking for passionate, curious and empathetic product managers who get a kick out of solving varied problems in highly collaborative environments.
This role is perfect for you if:
You have previously worked on similar, complex digital and service products
You embrace variety, thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly-growing agile environment, and are able to manage self-development
You are excited to better understand both our customers’ needs through continuous discovery efforts, as well as evolving business objectives
You are a shrewd and commercially-minded decision maker, with an ability to break down problems - balancing creativity with highly analytical thinking
You are an expert at working with different working styles, and a great communicator
You are team spirited, and always willing to get stuck in
You have experience with running testing activity, including working knowledge of A/B and MVT techniques and analytics tools
What we’re offering
- Fantastic development opportunities within a high-growth business
- Learning & Development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 days of holiday which increases up to 26 days after 2 years of service and 27 days after 3 years of service
- Option to take an additional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave (one month extra of 90% pay)
- Discounted health & dental insurance
- Pension scheme and opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Referral programme, £1000 for each hired referral who passes probation
- Interest-free loan to help with seasonal train ticket
- Flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- Flexible working requests (e.g. working part-time)
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
If you have a dog:
- Free dog food for your dog, or 50% for a family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office
- Dog behaviour training in the office
- And if you’re about to get a dog, or your dog is not well, you can request some extra flexibility during a temporary period of time to spend extra time with your dog