About the Company
Tailorbird's vision is to organize any renovation, instantly. Within the multifamily real estate industry, our mission is to earn the trust of owners, contractors, and suppliers to help them move faster, remove risks, and improve outcomes. We're backed by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Moderne Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re building the “Easy Button” for elegant home renovations, using analytics and automation to accelerate acquisition and renovation of large multi-family assets. Our proprietary software extracts deep digital models of interior residential spaces using publicly available data, and we use this data to accurately estimate budgets and identify project risks upfront, thus avoiding costly execution delays and rework costs. We are currently in hyper-growth mode and proud to have some of the largest and most reputable owners, contractors, and suppliers as our customers in the US!
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India, and our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will deftly navigate between business users and the engineering team to define product definition, features, and implementation timelines for our pre-construction management B2B SaaS product.
In this role, you will evaluate competing and complimenting offerings, work with business users and our customers to see how the product is being used and set a short- and mid-term roadmap. You will use your organization and leadership skills to drive delivery of these product features in a hyper-growth startup with competing priorities.
We are looking for someone who has a background in building B2B SaaS products, with excellent organization skills and the technical ability to discuss software architectural choices with the engineering team.
This role is hybrid remote / onsite, based out of our HQ in Princeton, NJ.
You’ll Get To
- Understand user requirements for renovation project specifications for the multi-family real estate industry and use that understanding to develop product feature roadmap
- Understand user requirements for a B2B SaaS collaboration portal for Construction Operations Managers, General Contractors and Suppliers, and use that understanding to develop a product feature roadmap
- Understand competitive and complementary offerings to enable build vs. buy decisions for product features/components
- Partner with UX specialist to build mockups and prototypes for user requirements validations
- Work with engineering team to discuss architectural tradeoff, facilitate build vs. buy decisions, and drive a clear implementation roadmap
We’re Looking For
- Prior hands-on experience building software products, ideally for an early stage venture backed startup
- 5+ years of building B2B SaaS products; 3+ years as a technical product manager
- Proven experience with MERN or closely related software stack
- Proven experience building or managing data-intensive applications. Our current data pipeline is built using Python, Pandas, and select other open-source frameworks
- Prior proven experience with cross functional teaming across clients, operations and delivery, marketing, and engineering
- Strong project planning and project management skills
- Experience using or building real-estate renovation or construction management is a plus
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits. We have deep domain expertise in at-scale SaaS platforms, Deep Learning and Analytics, Construction Operations, Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions, and Renovation Design and Architecture.
Most importantly, we know that Tailorbird’s people are what make our product exceptional. When we approach a problem or create a solution, we rely on our values to guide us.
- Noble Intent – We assume everyone has good intentions. We build trust by doing what we say, and saying what we do.
- Level of Excellence – Building technology and process to drive the fastest operational edge that redefines expectations.
- Teamwork – We collaborate, mentor, and facilitate transparent decision making. Once made, decisions are supported.
- Trust – To earn, and keep, the trust of every stakeholder whereby information is shared transparently for faster and fairer decisions.
- Diversity – Going to any extent to enrich ourselves through expertise, critical thinking, and global perspectives.
Tailorbird is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, ownership, and mentorship, and as an early hire in a critical role, this is an incredible growth opportunity. If you’re looking to tackle complex problems alongside a talented, dynamic and compassionate team, we want to hear from you!
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Open PTO policy
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Opt-in life insurance, accident insurance, hospital insurance, and critical illness insurance plans
- A monthly stipend for your tech setup
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.