About the Company
Tailorbird's vision is to organize any renovation, instantly. Within the multifamily real estate industry, our mission is to earn the trust of owners, contractors, and suppliers to help them move faster, remove risks, and improve outcomes. We're backed by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Moderne Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re building the “Easy Button” for elegant home renovations, using analytics and automation to accelerate acquisition and renovation of large multi-family assets. Our proprietary software extracts deep digital models of interior residential spaces using publicly available data, and we use this data to accurately estimate budgets and identify project risks upfront, thus avoiding costly execution delays and rework costs. We are currently in hyper-growth mode and proud to have some of the largest and most reputable owners, contractors, and suppliers as our customers in the US!
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India, and our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role
You will be our UX designer and Imagineer. You will be primarily responsible for exploring creative UX inspirations and creating UX design and page flows using tools such as Figma, Invision, or Canva. You will be very good at cross-functional teaming and have prior experience in eliciting user journeys using software applications using proto-personas or directly working with internal and external stakeholders. You will closely work with a talented team of application developers to build highly responsive end-user applications. Our front end is ReactJS and backend is built using NodeJS with MongoDB and PostgreSQL as storage. As an early hire in a fast-growing startup, you will have a tremendous opportunity to learn and innovate.
This role is remote in India.
You’ll Get To
- Work with proto-personas and/or real stakeholders develop design elicit user journeys using Tailobird applications and provide design inspirations to developers for improving the UX
- Closely work with partners and contractors to understand their pain paints
- Closely work with key business leaders to understand product roadmaps and continuously evaluate Tailorbird design choices
We’re Looking For
- Between 1-3 years of web app UX design industrial experience
- Expert level ability to imagine and design wireframes and user product-journey flows using Figma, Invision Studio, or Adobe XD
- Excellent cross-functional teaming and written and oral communication skills to conduct user journey workshops
- Prior real-estate property technology project background a plus
- Prior business analyst experience will be considered extremely complimentary
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits. We have deep domain expertise in at-scale SaaS platforms, Deep Learning and Analytics, Construction Operations, Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions, and Renovation Design and Architecture.
Most importantly, we know that Tailorbird’s people are what make our product exceptional. When we approach a problem or create a solution, we rely on our values to guide us.
- Noble Intent – We assume everyone has good intentions. We build trust by doing what we say, and saying what we do.
- Level of Excellence – Building technology and process to drive the fastest operational edge that redefines expectations.
- Teamwork – We collaborate, mentor, and facilitate transparent decision making. Once made, decisions are supported.
- Trust – To earn, and keep, the trust of every stakeholder whereby information is shared transparently for faster and fairer decisions.
- Diversity – Going to any extent to enrich ourselves through expertise, critical thinking, and global perspectives.
Tailorbird is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, ownership, and mentorship, and as an early hire in a critical role, this is an incredible growth opportunity. If you’re looking to tackle complex problems alongside a talented, dynamic and compassionate team, we want to hear from you!
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Open PTO policy
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.