About the Company
Tailorbird's vision is to organize any renovation, instantly. Within the multifamily real estate industry, our mission is to earn the trust of owners, contractors, and suppliers to help them move faster, remove risks, and improve outcomes. We're backed by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Moderne Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re building the “Easy Button” for elegant home renovations, using analytics and automation to accelerate acquisition and renovation of large multi-family assets. Our proprietary software extracts deep digital models of interior residential spaces using publicly available data, and we use this data to accurately estimate budgets and identify project risks upfront, thus avoiding costly execution delays and rework costs. We are currently in hyper-growth mode and proud to have some of the largest and most reputable owners, contractors, and suppliers as our customers in the US!
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India, and our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role
You will be our back-end developer for our web and mobile applications. You will be primarily responsible for implementing server-side logic and building reusable REST APIs for front-end clients for our core computer vision-based modules. Our front end is ReactJS and backend is built using NodeJS with MongoDB and PostgreSQL as storage. You will closely work with a talented team of application developers to build highly responsive end-user applications. As an early hire in a fast-growing startup, you will have a tremendous opportunity to learn latest tech including GraphQL and researching and integrating state-of-art computer vision libraries into our system.
This role is remote in India.
You’ll Get To
- Develop Backend application logic using Node.js with Typescript.
- Closely work with partners and contractors, maintain the overall integrity of the DevOps process
- Closely work with key business leaders to understand product roadmaps and continuously evaluate Tailorbird design choices
We’re Looking For
- 3-6 years of web app backend development experience, with at least 3 years of Node.js experience
- BS/MS from a tier-1 college or university with CS/CES/EE as a major is highly desired
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing enterprise class applications on AWS cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrable ability to quickly master new APM frameworks
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits. We have deep domain expertise in at-scale SaaS platforms, Deep Learning and Analytics, Construction Operations, Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions, and Renovation Design and Architecture.
Most importantly, we know that Tailorbird’s people are what make our product exceptional. When we approach a problem or create a solution, we rely on our values to guide us.
- Noble Intent – We assume everyone has good intentions. We build trust by doing what we say, and saying what we do.
- Level of Excellence – Building technology and process to drive the fastest operational edge that redefines expectations.
- Teamwork – We collaborate, mentor, and facilitate transparent decision making. Once made, decisions are supported.
- Trust – To earn, and keep, the trust of every stakeholder whereby information is shared transparently for faster and fairer decisions.
- Diversity – Going to any extent to enrich ourselves through expertise, critical thinking, and global perspectives.
Tailorbird is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, ownership, and mentorship, and as an early hire in a critical role, this is an incredible growth opportunity. If you’re looking to tackle complex problems alongside a talented, dynamic and compassionate team, we want to hear from you!
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Open PTO policy
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.