The Software Architect partners with client stakeholders and internal development teams to design and lead implementation of software applications, web applications and specialized solutions using Agile development methods. In this role, you will be part of a smart, nimble team of consultants providing services for some of the world's biggest brands. The Software Architect serves as the focal point for all technical issues and initiatives set direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs, perform risk management, provide architectural oversight for cross-domain solutions, and support business development activities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leverage a deep and broad understanding of the technology landscape and market, and serve as a thought-leader in order to assist clients in platforms and technology selections and decision making
- Partner with Account and Project Management teams to understand client needs, formulate solution strategies, and develop proposals, statements of work, cost and schedule estimates, and ensure that work has been properly authorized before effort commences
- Draw up technical specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Manage a team to drive delivery excellence, and effectively deliver project outputs in accordance with project plans, costs, and customer expectations, working with team partners to effectively communicate issues
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigations strategies associates with the architecture
- Participate in architecture design, build schedule, milestone, delivery, and post-project reviews
- Build strong relationships within and across departments and with partners while promoting a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
- Foster a culture of innovation focused on adding value-give people space to think creatively
- Contribute to the shared account team planning activities across business teams, where appropriate
- Establish best practices for software development and stay current with development, tools, and technologies
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of technology consulting experience, with at least 2 years in an Architect role
- Experience with web application design and analysis, design patterns, and object-oriented design
- Experience developing for enterprise-class web content management systems, ideally with platforms such as SDL Tridion, Adobe AEM, Sitecore, and/or digital asset management systems such as Adobe Assets or Aprimo
- Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk
- Understanding of competitive technology landscape and how to properly assess the feasibility of migrating customer solutions
- Superb written and verbal communications skills, comfortable presenting to C-suite stakeholders as well as leading internal development teams
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Hands-on experience with C# .NET Standard, .NET Core, and/or Java
- Working knowledge of CVS, SVN, Git
- Hands-on experience with Cloud (AWS/Azure), Micro services, REST APIs, and API Management
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience in public and hybrid cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) tools and technologies and Container technologies such as Docker
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or TeamCity
- AEM Architect Certification and/or SDL Certification is a plus, but not required
As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business — solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
We want your career at Tahzoo to be equally inspiring — transformative, even. We’re not only committed to client success; a company worth caring about comes from an equal commitment to caring for employees. We believe that the strength and quality of those relationships propel us forward, as a team, and as individuals. You’re invited to work alongside other ‘smart and happy’ professionals as you serve as a change agent at one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Join us in changing the world, one experience at a time.
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.