Who we are
Tagboard is a values focused organization whose mission is to empower anyone to easily produce innovative content, from anywhere in the world. Our B2B SaaS platform serves the exciting verticals of sports, media, entertainment and lifestyle. It enables media producers all over the world to create live and interactive stories, with real-time social content and graphics, to be used across broadcast television and connected screens across events (virtual and in-person), venues, web, and mobile. You have likely seen Tagboard in action a million times and didn’t know it- from hundreds of local news stations to national programming on FOX Sports, CNN, NFL Network, and more- producers all over the world are creating award-winning programming using Tagboard.
At Tagboard, you’ll work with a strong team of smart, motivated, and fun people who come to work every day passionate about changing the way stories are told. We strive to maintain a human first approach while creating an environment where each person is seen, valued, and heard.
About the role
At Tagboard, we arm our clients with the ability to produce engaging live programming from anywhere using our intuitive, Cloud based, canvas platform. Our platform is built with Vue.js on the frontend; Node.js, MongoDB and Elasticsearch on the server using AWS. This is an opportunity for a Full Stack Engineer to contribute to, and grow with, the evolution of our product. This role will play a critical part in the core engineering of new features as well as maintenance of our platform.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the product and engineering teams on projects that will get us closer to our goal of 100% completion of our roadmap. You'll know you're on track in your first 90 days if;
- You are comfortable enough with our code base to take on larger tasks
- You have a baseline understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the architecture
- You have become self-sufficient: you don't know everything but you know where to look
- You have successfully completed an on-call support rotation
Your day to day Journey at Tagboard will provide adventure, excitement, and some of the below:
- Build a first-class cloud production platform, used for interactive live programming and seen by millions of people.
- Turn product requirements and designs into high quality scalable working products.
- Build large-scale real-time data pipelines with data processing and supporting APIs
- Build, automate, maintain, scale, and monitor user-facing systems using best practices, with reliability and scalability in mind.
- Integrate with leading social networks and solve large data processing problems.
- Collaborate directly with product, design and client success teams.
To succeed, you will need most of these qualifications:
- You have at least two years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience working with Node.js, MongoDB or Redis and Elasticsearch.
- Experienced in the architecture and design (patterns, reliability, scalability, quality) of microservices and Cloud infrastructure
- Solid understanding of web application development patterns and approaches for large scale applications
- Deals well with constant change and high levels of ambiguity (we are a startup!)
It would be even greater if you have
- Experience with AWS. We use DynamoDB, SQS, Redshift, and OpenSearch.
Travel expectation - Even though we are a remote company we value our time together in person and have the wonderful opportunity to gather twice per year; once with your team and once with the entire company. The locations always change and they are always phenomenal! Attending gathering events are a requirement for each team member at Tagboard.
Compensation Range for role: $110,000 to $125,000 annually
And a few perks of working at Tagboard:
- Competitive salaries based on major metropolitan markets
- 4% 401k matching
- Yearly discretionary bonus
- Tech Stipend of $100 per month for internet and phone.
- Summer Fridays Off – From Memorial Day to Labor Day we take Fridays off!
- 100% Paid Health insurance for all employees and their dependents
- One time home office set up allowance of $2000
- Learning and development stipend of $1500
- Minimum vacation policy – take at least 2 weeks per year for vacation (we track it to remind you to actually take it off) and encourage mental and physical wellness days.
- Parental Leave- Highly encouraged 12-week flexible, and fully paid, leave for all parents; birthing, foster, and adoption.
Tagboard is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not simply accept difference, we celebrate it- we are empowered by it (one of our values is Empowered by Diversity). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-425-522-4484.