Who we are
Tagboard is an Emmy-nominated audience experience platform designed to help storytellers in sports, news, entertainment and broadcast media produce the most engaging content in the world. Our platform enables media producers all over the world to create live and interactive stories, with graphics, social content, and polling in real time to be used across broadcast television and connected screens across events (virtual and in person), venues, web, and mobile. You have likely seen Tagboard in action a million times and didn’t know it- from hundreds of local news stations to national programming on FOX Sports, CNN, NFL Network, and more- producers all over the world are creating award-winning programming using Tagboard.
At Tagboard, you’ll work with a strong team of smart, driven, and fun people who come to work every day passionate about changing the way stories are told, collaborating in our industries with some of the most passionate and creative storytellers in the world.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a person who brings high energy, proven results, a positive attitude, and experience in enterprise SaaS sales, along with a passion for media and entertainment. This is a player/coach role so this individual will come to the table excited to dig in and close their own deals while helping to build and lead our incredible media and entertainment sales team.
The ideal candidate has a deep history of exceeding individual quota goals while guiding and supporting the efforts of a high performing sales team to exceed revenue goals and grow as professionals. This team is responsible for bringing in net new business within the media and entertainment verticals. As our Director of Sales, Media and Entertainment you will report directly to Tagboard’s Chief Revenue Officer.
Your day to day journey at Tagboard will provide adventure, excitement, and some of the below:
- Hire, onboard, train, and develop the Media and Entertainment sales team
- Support and guide the team toward attaining their individual revenue goals
- Develop a strong sales pipeline through outbound efforts and use solution-based selling to secure new customers.
- Create strategies and account plans to reveal new business opportunities by understanding market trends, customer needs, and proposing solutions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to shape programs that support growth & retention within your accounts.
- Manage and maintain detailed sales process records and forecasts using Salesforce and other revenue forecasting tools to provide accurate reporting on pipeline and sales.
To succeed, you will need most of these qualifications:
- You have at least five years of experience selling SaaS software to top news, media, entertainment, and production organizations
- You have at least three years of experience leading high performing teams of at least five individual contributors who are quota carrying
- You thrive in a startup environment, embracing ambiguity, and are self-motivated to create and drive programs with a high level of autonomy
- You have a deep understanding of the broadcast space as well as the technology behind it across all platforms - Linear, OTT, Livestream
- You are an expert communicator who can collaborate effectively in a remote work environment
- You’re comfortable with lead generation, passionate about your career in sales, love thinking of new ways to make money, and always striving to exceed goals
- You have experience managing the entire outbound sales cycle from initial prospecting outreach through final signature
- You play well with others, and you are known for having a high level of integrity. #NoJerks
- You have a background selling B2B Cloud based solutions in the media and entertainment vertical
- You are a great listener who likes to understand the problem to help devise a solution
- You excel in networking, presentation, and are relentless with follow-through
- You understand the social media landscape including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Discord, and the next emerging trends. #RIPVine
Added Points but not required:
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish
- Based in Los Angeles or NYC
Travel expectation - Even though we are a remote company we value our time together in person and have the wonderful opportunity to gather twice per year; once with your team and once with the entire company. The locations always change and they are always phenomenal! Attending gathering events are a requirement for each team member at Tagboard. Client visits will also be expected.
And a few perks of working at Tagboard
- Competitive salaries base on location, experience and skillset
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- 4% 401k matching
- Tech Stipend of $100 per month for internet and phone.
- Summer Flexible Fridays – From Memorial Day to Labor Day we have flex Fridays!
- 100% Paid Health insurance for all employees and their dependents
- One time home office set up allowance of $2000
- Learning and development stipend of $1500
- Minimum vacation policy – take at least 2 weeks per year for vacation (we track it to remind you to actually take it off) and encourage mental and physical wellness days.
- Parental Leave- Highly encouraged 12-week flexible, and fully paid, leave for all parents; birthing, foster, and adoption.
Tagboard is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not simply accept difference, we celebrate it- we are empowered by it (one of our values is Empowered by Diversity). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-425-522-4484.