Do Epic Science
TAE is the world’s first private fusion energy company, founded in 1998 to commercialize the cleanest, safest, most affordable, and sustainable form of carbon-free power. We are applying science and engineering to design transformational technologies. Whether it's harnessing fusion through the science of stars, making exponential leaps in power efficiency, or innovating medical care with a novel cancer treatment: We're turning the promise of science into reality.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about realizing our mission: A future where all people have affordable access to reliable, abundant, and environmentally friendly fusion-generated electricity.
About The Role
TAE has a temporary warehouse full of experimental scientific parts, tools, and equipment. We are looking for someone to help organize and bring our current inventory system up to date. This person will also assist with moving all items into our new warehouse. Once the move is complete, this role will shift to supporting shipping and receiving for two campuses (Irvine and Foothill Ranch), and be responsible for updating and maintaining the inventory database.
What you will do
- Update the current inventory system with new naming conventions and ensure all items in the warehouse are labeled and logged.
- Collaborate with group leaders and the Facilities Manager to identify what equipment to keep or recycle.
- Handle disposal and recycling of materials designated for removal.
- Work with the team and vendors to relocate all items from the temporary warehouse to new warehouse.
- Organize and maintain the new warehouse and storage operations.
- Receive, unload, and unpack all packages (at times, large and expensive shipments) from multiple couriers and label, scan, and log into the inventory control system before notifying employees for pickup or storage.
- As required, move parts and shipments to other facilities on a daily basis.
- Ensure inventory (location) accuracy and reconcile material/inventory discrepancies.
- Assist with pre-shipment inspection for accuracy.
- Verify quantities of incoming and outgoing goods against purchases and/or packing lists.
- Maintain all shipping, picking, and packing functions ensuring orders are staged and ready for pick up when necessary.
- Provide a clean and sanitary warehouse that is organized and adhere to good warehouse practices so that audit and safety protocols are always followed (5S).
- 4+ years of warehouse experience
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. and work at heights up to 20 feet.
- Able to work with others in a warehouse setting.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time as this is a floor position and will involve physical movement of product.
- Certified and able to operate forklift and other warehouse equipment and tools.
- Experience in racking systems and maximizing usage.
- Experience in control of documents and material tracking with extensive knowledge of WASP inventory system or similar asset tracking and warehouse management platform.
- Must have strong computer skills along with good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal & written, in all directions.
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- DOT training and/or certificates are desired.
All of TAE facilities are R&D facilities with high potential for exposure to high voltages, arc flashes, dangerous gases, fumes, very low levels of radiation, magnetics, confined spaces, heights, loud noises, heat/cold, stored energy, lasers, and other dangers found in laboratories and power plants.
- Balancing in high places
- Working in cramped places
- Operating heavy equipment
- Lifting/carrying heavy items – Up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling/dragging heavy items
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working outside
Imagination, skill, and will
We are a diverse team of over 500 engineers, scientists, professionals, Maxwell Prize winners, and big thinkers from more than 40 countries with a track record of delivering on the innovative ways science can lead humanity into a brighter era. We are not afraid to envision a future where fusion and science can transform our world.
What you’ll get with us
- Generous benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (K) with company match, paid vacation + sick time, companywide December holiday, wellness program (for full-time employees)
- Payment rewards: For referring talent, novel research, and patents
- A collaborative environment: An organization where talents and interests can plug in to different groups throughout the organization
- Potential for equity participation
- HQ in Southern California
- Employee events on and off-site
- A commitment to upholding and growing an inclusive organization
TAE Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We ensure all individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations or request more information.