Do Epic Science
TAE is the world’s first private fusion energy company, founded in 1998 to commercialize the cleanest, safest, most affordable, and sustainable form of carbon-free power. We are applying science and engineering to design transformational technologies. Whether it's harnessing fusion through the science of stars, making exponential leaps in power efficiency, or innovating medical care with a novel cancer treatment: We're turning the promise of science into reality.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about realizing our mission: A future where all people have affordable access to reliable, abundant, and environmentally friendly fusion-generated electricity.
About The Role
This person works with and maintains the high-power power supply systems which are needed to power various subsystems of our Fusion reactor. As a key member, the technician works closely with other operation team members monitoring the operation of power supply systems, performing daily system check-ups to ensure of facilitated operation, maintaining the most up-to-date status of individual power supplies, and acting as the first responder in case of a fault or maintenance need. Additionally, the power supply technician majorly contributes during the design, development, deployment, and commissioning of the new power supply systems. Among various team members, this person will closely collaborate with scientists, electrical and system control engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, project managers, and technical personnel to ensure of seamless daily operation.
Ownership and major contribution during the deployment, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of power supply systems composed of power electronic modules with essential responsibilities as follows:
- Deeply understands and explores technical aspects of the power supplies through reviewing of electrical and mechanical schematics, following the service guidelines from the manufacturers, and component datasheets. The technical understanding stems from the system-level down to the main components.
- Presents excellent hands-on skills for the assembly, installation, testing, repairing, and maintaining the power supply units (PSUs).
- Performs routine preventive maintenance activities on the power supplies.
- Performs technical repair and replacement of components in-house and in a timely manner.
- Maintains and tracks the inventory of the power supply critical components.
- Creates accurate test-plans, executes the tests, and prepare technical reports on the collected data and observations.
- Works closely with other engineering and operation personnel as well as technical team members from the contract manufacturers.
- Presents excellent flexibility, availability, and on-site presence in a timely manner during the daily operation time windows.
- 3+ years of industry experience working with electrical and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity and experience in working with high-voltage electrical systems.
- Understanding or experience of power converter systems (strongly preferred).
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical schematics, engineering standards, and component datasheets.
- Strong technical communication skills with exceptional sense of ownership and team-working attitude.
- Open to supervised trainings and working following safety protocols.
- Sufficient skills in working with lab equipment including oscilloscope, power supplies, digital meters, voltage, and current probes.
- Hands-on with technical skills in working with tools.
- Self-motivated with the ability to preserve a good span of attention to details.
- High self-discipline and maintaining an organized working environment.
- Preferred education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in working with LabView-based industrial control and automation systems.
- Performing characterization tests on prototypes and components.
Imagination, skill, and will
We are a diverse team of over 500 engineers, scientists, professionals, Maxwell Prize winners, and big thinkers from more than 40 countries with a track record of delivering on the innovative ways science can lead humanity into a brighter era. We are not afraid to envision a future where fusion and science can transform our world.
What you’ll get with us
- Generous benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (K) with company match, paid vacation + sick time, companywide December holiday, wellness program (for full-time employees)
- Payment rewards: For referring talent, novel research, and patents
- A collaborative environment: An organization where talents and interests can plug in to different groups throughout the organization
- Potential for equity participation
- HQ in Southern California
- Employee events on and off-site
- A commitment to upholding and growing an inclusive organization
TAE Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We ensure all individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations or request more information.