Do Epic Science
TAE is the world’s first private fusion energy company, founded in 1998 to commercialize the cleanest, safest, most affordable, and sustainable form of carbon-free power. We are applying science and engineering to design transformational technologies. Whether it's harnessing fusion through the science of stars, making exponential leaps in power efficiency, or innovating medical care with a novel cancer treatment: We're turning the promise of science into reality.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about realizing our mission: A future where all people have affordable access to reliable, abundant, and environmentally friendly fusion-generated electricity.
About The Role
The Plasma Physicist - Analysis will provide support to other scientists for a processing of experimental data with focus on development and maintaining post-processing software. Additional duties will include experimental design and execution, results communication, and fusion machine operations.
- This is an entry level scientific position supporting plasma fusion research in the experimental program of TAE Technologies’ Fusion division.
- The candidate will be part of the Data Analysis group focused on using and development of data analysis tools.
- Responsibilities include development, operation, and maintenance of software supporting processing of experimental data on the final stage of preparation for integrated analysis including data visualization, handling multiple data sources, and organizing data to increase efficiency of analysis.
- All scientists will also actively participate the Fusion research program by designing and performing experiments, performing data analysis, machine operation, and communication of scientific results both in small groups and the fusion department at large.
- Knowledge of and experience in theoretical or experimental plasma physics
- Hands-on scientific or data analysis software development.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
- Practical experience with usage and development of data access and visualization tools.
- Good communication skills including leading of group discussions and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Experience using one or more in each category of the following:
- analysis code development using Python.
- Scientific program development with C, C++, C#, or FORTRAN programing languages
- Integrated development environment e.g., Jupiter Notebook, Visual studio, MATLAB
- Database organization, data manipulation and maintenance MongoDB, SQL, MDS+
- MS Office Applications
- Required Education: PhD in Plasma Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: 2 years of Postdoctoral work in Plasma Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent
Imagination, skill, and will
We are a diverse team of over 500 engineers, scientists, professionals, Maxwell Prize winners, and big thinkers from more than 40 countries with a track record of delivering on the innovative ways science can lead humanity into a brighter era. We are not afraid to envision a future where fusion and science can transform our world.
What you’ll get with us
- Generous benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (K) with company match, paid vacation + sick time, companywide December holiday, wellness program (for full-time employees)
- Payment rewards: For referring talent, novel research, and patents
- A collaborative environment: An organization where talents and interests can plug in to different groups throughout the organization
- Potential for equity participation
- HQ in Southern California
- Employee events on and off-site
- A commitment to upholding and growing an inclusive organization
TAE Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We ensure all individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations or request more information.