Do Epic Science
TAE is the world’s first private fusion energy company, founded in 1998 to commercialize the cleanest, safest, most affordable, and sustainable form of carbon-free power. We are applying science and engineering to design transformational technologies. Whether it's harnessing fusion through the science of stars, making exponential leaps in power efficiency, or innovating medical care with a novel cancer treatment: We're turning the promise of science into reality.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about realizing our mission: A future where all people have affordable access to reliable, abundant, and environmentally friendly fusion-generated electricity.
About The Role
We currently have an opening at our Foothill Ranch, CA (Orange County) facility for an Sr. Electrical EHS Specialist. The successful candidate will support company Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) program. Maintain knowledge of changes to NFPA 70E and electrical safety regulations. Act as company Subject Matter Expert (SME) for electrical safety and NFPA 70E compliance, partner and work closely with leadership & employees of different electrical teams. This is a full-time position.
- Assist teams and leadership with their implementation of safety controls associated with electrical work hazards including field review/validation, and process development of electrical work protections and in field safety observations.
- Consult on electrical safety topics and issues using industry best practices and standards not limited to Cal-OSHA, NEC (NFPA 70), and NFPA 70E (preferred knowledge in NFPA 70E's R&D and Capacitors article 350 & 360, NSF, California Building Code, California Fire Code).
- Review lock-out/tag-out procedures, protection plans, and personal protective equipment for associated electrical work scopes and their application to help classify/prevent exposure to hazards related to electrocution, electric shock, burns, equipment damage or electrical fires.
- Support company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) program.
- Maintain knowledge of changes to NFPA 70E and electrical safety regulations.
- Act as company Subject Matter Expert (SME) for electrical safety and NFPA 70E compliance, partner and work close with leadership & employees of different electrical teams.
- Answer electrical safety questions and perform program presentations.
- Maintain the company's electrical safety procedure(s) to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Attend design review and/or planning meetings, and consult on engineering solutions, safe practices or requirements related to employee electrical exposure and risk reduction.
- Conduct audits and reviews of electrical equipment, installations and facilities to verify compliance with NFPA 70E.
- Thorough understanding of Arc Flash Analysis protocols and concepts, able to confirm or perform calculations as needed for verification.
- Develop and/or conduct electrical training as needed to maintain level of knowledge for electrical workers, basic and advanced.
- Act as Safety liaison and promote company safety efforts.
- Assist with Pre-job assessments as needed for major electrical projects.
- Lead or assist with conducting general safety audits and incident investigations as needed.
- Provide professional development for Safety Team as needed.
- Perform other assigned safety functions as needed/required to help support TAE and its EHS programs.
- Work as part of a project team to provide deliverables and meet goals.
- Learn new software to help develop/improve paperless safety workflows/processes.
- Have 6 yrs. experience in Electrical Safety and knowledge of associated safety standards (Cal-OSHA, NFPA 70E).
- SME level knowledge in electrical safety and NFPA 70E.
- High voltage electrical safety experience required.
- Ability to understand and interpret system one-line drawings and operation of electrical equipment and testing devices.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required- Word, Excel, Outlook and open to learning new software and systems.
- Operating heavy equipment
- Pushing/pulling/dragging heavy items
- Balancing in high places
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working in cramped places
- Working outside or underground
Imagination, skill, and will
We are a diverse team of over 500 engineers, scientists, professionals, Maxwell Prize winners, and big thinkers from more than 40 countries with a track record of delivering on the innovative ways science can lead humanity into a brighter era. We are not afraid to envision a future where fusion and science can transform our world.
What you’ll get with us
- Generous benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (K) with company match, paid vacation + sick time, companywide December holiday, wellness program (for full-time employees)
- Payment rewards: For referring talent, novel research, and patents
- A collaborative environment: An organization where talents and interests can plug in to different groups throughout the organization
- Potential for equity participation
- HQ in Southern California
- Employee events on and off-site
- A commitment to upholding and growing an inclusive organization
TAE Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We ensure all individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us email@example.com to request accommodations or request more information.