Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 700 restaurants, with plans to add 2,500 more restaurants by the end of 2025.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
The Director, Construction Strategy & Supply Chain leads the construction process and team of construction managers to deliver the Company pipeline of new restaurants and remodels of existing restaurants. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgement in the performance of the various duties. In this role you will:
- Build strong cross functional partnerships with internal teams to develop and test various new brand standards and prototypes
- Create and implement supply chain solutions
- Lead strategic thought leadership of construction management strategies/policies to drive cost effective synergy across functions (real estate, operations, facilities, Architecture & Design).
- Partner with design team to create most efficient and cost friendly building types
- Create a value-added program for construction support services to assist the franchise community with new development
- Drive and support brand’s new unit target through pipeline management, issue resolution, and insights, including innovation through exploration, development and implementation of new materials and construction methods.
- Lead the team of construction managers, deliver the yearly opening plan for new builds, scrapes, offsets and remodels
- Oversee the budgeting process for all projects using accurate feasibility information
- Ownership of all Taco Bell Corporate construction management and related process, policies, and playbooks.
- Develop and deliver effective franchisor communication, productivity, and process through a combination of education, online tools, and third-party support.
Is This You?
- 10+ years of construction, architecture, engineering and/or real estate related field with demonstrated organizational impact and increasing responsibility. Master of Business degree a plus but not required
- Excellent leadership interpersonal & team skills are a necessity. Ability to partner well with cross functional departments and work with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive results, project manage & generate actionable recommendations.
- Experience in multi-unit restaurant/retail remodeling and free-standing ground up development strongly preferred.
- Has successfully partnered with Real Estate community (brokers, attorneys, city officials and general contractors)
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas. This includes real estate contract negotiating, green building and innovation (LEED AP or similar), construction management and an understanding of architecture and design.
- Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in field related construction/project management software. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with at least moderate skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex Day Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care