STR is hiring a Systems Administrator with an Active Secret clearance.
- Supporting senior administrators in implementing, deploying, and maintaining Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and Windows operating systems in traditional and virtualized environments across a variety of hardware solutions
- Professionally support senior administrators, Information System Security Officers (ISSO), management, researchers and others supporting the customers
- Configure and maintain NAS Storage, Networking, Firewall, and Directory Services such as MS Active Directory management and Group Policy administration
- Perform performance monitoring, results analysis and enhancement, as well as process automation using PowerShell scripting and other available technologies
- Provide daily support, systems maintenance, problem resolution, tracing and project support
- Create and maintain installation and configuration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain current knowledge of DoD security and technical guidelines and the organization's policies
- Provide support for production and development environments
- After-hours support is required for maintenance and patching when needed
- Linux Administration (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Windows OS Administration
- Must hold active Secret clearance
- Top Secret clearance with full scope polygraph
- Enterprise Virtualization Tools
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Web Server
- Active Directory including Group Policy, LDAP backend, and Replication
- Effective utilization of Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Content and Tools
- Host Based Security System (HBSS) implementation and maintenance
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) support
- Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS)
STR is a growing technology company with locations near Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, near Dayton, OH, Melbourne, FL, and Carlsbad, CA. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security in: cyber; next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare; and artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, and we go home at night knowing that we pushed the envelope of technology and made the world safer.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.