System revolutionizes how data science teams organize, discover, and leverage their data and insights.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our backend team to help expand our growing suite of data-science products. You will be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable software working along-side a world-class team. This is an ideal role for an engineer who is ready to make an impact on the future of science and data.
- Invision and build innovative, performant backend systems employing a microservices architecture.
- Define technical plans to advance platform architecture in collaboration with product and engineering.
- Work on innovative and cutting edge solutions for advanced and challenging data stories.
- Help shape our engineering culture, contributing to best practices and lessons you’ve learned throughout your career.
- Have time to learn, experiment, and think.
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development, Python, Go, and Node.
- Expert in writing distributed, highly available, enterprise grade services.
- Experience developing scalable API’s and best practices.
- Extensive experience deploying monitoring and supporting production services.
- A deep understanding of systems design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Passionate about shipping high quality code.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Well versed in using and deploying AWS services in production.
- Very comfortable with CI/CD services and best practices.
- Experience working with graph databases is a plus.
- Dedication to technical excellence and innovation
- Flexible, rational and open-minded.
- Passionate about making an impact.
We aspire to help the world see itself differently and build a more responsible and values-driven model of a tech company. We are backed by top-tier VCs in Silicon Valley and New York and leading angel investors, and founded by the former VP Data at Spotify. To learn more about what motivates our social mission, we invite you to read: http://www.brokennature.org/redesigning-the-system/
We believe in the power of small, autonomous, interdisciplinary, and diverse teams; in agile development; and in leading with values, first principles, and clear high-level priorities backed by data.
We provide a fun and stimulating work environment, flexible hours and remote work, equity, and competitive benefits. We believe in cultivating a growth mindset for our team — always learning, improving, being challenged, and having opportunities for professional and personal development.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.