System revolutionizes how data science teams organize, discover, and leverage their data and insights.
We’re looking for a software engineer who is passionate about building well designed and performant web applications and tools that are actively used by researchers, and data scientists. You will be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable software working along-side a world-class team. This is an ideal role for an engineer who is ready to make an impact on the future of science and data.
- Building thoughtful and fault tolerant web applications that rely on APIs.
- Be integral as we innovate and respond to customer feedback, helping to rapidly prototype and experiment with new user-facing features.
- Collaborate closely with our backend team to design responsive and performant implementations that can scale.
- Be involved in code reviews, unit testing and development strategies in an agile environment.
- Influence culture, recruit new engineers, and shape a rapidly growing startup.
- 2+ years of professional experience in web development, ideally working in Typescript, React, and Node.
- Developed well-designed web applications that interface with restful API’s and services.
- A good handle on data structures and design patterns.
- Experience building reusable web components and libraries.
- Familiar with performance best practices.
- Understand and have used automated testing frameworks such as Jest or Jasmine
- Some familiarity with data science tools and concepts
- Data visualization experience is a plus.
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving.
- Flexible, rational and open-minded.
- Passionate about making an impact.
We aspire to help the world see itself differently and build a more responsible and values-driven model of a tech company. We are backed by top-tier VCs in Silicon Valley and New York and leading angel investors, and founded by the former VP Data at Spotify. To learn more about what motivates our social mission, we invite you to read: http://www.brokennature.org/redesigning-the-system/
We believe in the power of small, autonomous, interdisciplinary, and diverse teams; in agile development; and in leading with values, first principles, and clear high-level priorities backed by data.
We provide a fun and stimulating work environment, flexible hours and remote work, equity, and competitive benefits. We believe in cultivating a growth mindset for our team — always learning, improving, being challenged, and having opportunities for professional and personal development.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.