In the cloud, every second counts. On the leading edge of security, Sysdig stops attacks in real time by instantly detecting changes in cloud security risk with runtime insights and open source Falco. We are passionate open source enthusiasts at heart and technical problem-solvers who are continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure cloud-native applications.
We value diverse opinions and open dialogue to spur ideas. We believe in working closely together to achieve our goals, and since our launch, we have been flexible with when and where we work. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across remote teams.
And we’re a great place to work too – we’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and we won six workplace awards from Comparably this year. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest-growing organizations for the last four years.
We are looking for driven team members who want to join us on our mission to lead cloud security globally. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Collaborate cross-team to understand how various secure products work. Lead the design and development of graph database models to support those use cases including property graphs.
- Build batch and real-time update processes to keep the knowledge graphs in sync.
- Build Graph database query services in the distributed system architecture.
- Collaborate across product engineering teams to use existing data assets in the property graph and to drive the creation of additional data assets.
- Resolving technical roadblocks and mitigating potential risks.
- Be part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude.
- Interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers, and other stakeholders
- A strong passion for quality
What you will bring with you
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with property graphs/graph databases.
- Solid understanding of graph data modeling, graph schema development, and graph data design.
- Experience with building data pipelines using distributed data processing frameworks.
- Messaging/Streaming Technologies (Kafka, AWS SQS, NATS or Kinesis), Relational and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Object Storage, Graph database), and APIs.
- Solid understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Go or Java.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins or equivalent), version control (Git), and orchestration/DAGs tools.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Not a must but it is a plus to have a knowledge of Cloud Security space.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation, including equity opportunities.
- An international culture with employees in more than 40 countries.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mental well-being support for you and your family, a wellness alliance, and company-wide recharge days.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $163K and $204/year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.
We would love for you to join us! Please reach out even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description. We can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your background and passion will set you apart, especially if your career is unconventional.
Sysdig values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Sysdig is an equal-opportunity employer. Sysdig does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.