In the cloud, every second counts. On the leading edge of security, Sysdig stops attacks in real time by instantly detecting changes in cloud security risk with runtime insights and open source Falco. We are passionate open source enthusiasts at heart and technical problem-solvers who are continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure cloud-native applications.
We value diverse opinions and open dialogue to spur ideas. We believe in working closely together to achieve our goals, and since our launch, we have been flexible with when and where we work. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across remote teams.
And we’re a great place to work too – we’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and we won six workplace awards from Comparably this year. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest-growing organizations for the last four years.
We are looking for driven team members who want to join us on our mission to lead cloud security globally. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Lead a geographically distributed team of skilled software engineers and engineering managers and enable them to deliver new products in the Sysdig Agent
- Have the technical capability to understand high-performance Kernel and systems code (mostly in C/C++) and dive in when necessary.
- Manage the growth of the team by hiring top-notch candidates.
- Work with different parts of the company including Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to drive the Agent roadmap.
What you will bring with you
- People manager with 10 + years of experience building, growing, leading, and inspiring engineering teams.
- Operated in a SaaS environment and have hands on experience with driving CI/CD oriented development and rapid iterations
- Deep knowledge of systems software and cloud security concepts such as - cloud-workload protections, configuration posture, vulnerability management in containerized environments
- Strong depth in cloud native technologies - Kubernetes, containers, serverless
- Experienced with driving alignment and cross organization collaboration; great deal of acumen
- Product and user-oriented thinking - the role requires working closely with product management to create great user experiences
What we look for
- Inspirational engineering leader passionate about solving problems in the cloud.
- Continuous learner curious about customer journey and customer experience.
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work where applicable
- Servant leader invested in people and the team's growth.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation, including equity opportunities.
- An international culture with employees in more than 40 countries.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mental well-being support for you and your family, a wellness alliance, and company-wide recharge days.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $220,000 and $275,000 USD per year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.
We would love for you to join us! Please reach out even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description. We can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your background and passion will set you apart, especially if your career is unconventional.
Sysdig values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Sysdig is an equal-opportunity employer. Sysdig does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.