In the cloud, every second counts. On the leading edge of security, Sysdig stops attacks in real time by instantly detecting changes in cloud security risk with runtime insights and open source Falco. We are passionate open source enthusiasts at heart and technical problem-solvers who are continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure cloud-native applications.
We value diverse opinions and open dialogue to spur ideas. We believe in working closely together to achieve our goals, and since our launch, we have been flexible with when and where we work. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across remote teams.
And we’re a great place to work too – we’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and we won six workplace awards from Comparably this year. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest-growing organizations for the last four years.
We are looking for driven team members who want to join us on our mission to lead cloud security globally. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do:
- Architectural Leadership:
- Offer architectural guidance across several engineering teams, ensuring consistent design principles and alignment with the company's long-term vision.
- Guide teams with designing for scalability, extensibility, and stability in mind.
- Devise systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, and preempt potential bottlenecks.
- Cross-Team Collaboration:
- Engage with engineering leaders and their teams to address complex technical issues.
- Foster a collaborative environment within various technical teams.
- Define guidelines, procedures, and policies in the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Technical Roadmap and Strategy:
- Influence the company's technical direction by contributing to the strategic engineering roadmap.
- Propose the technical roadmap for innovative features.
- Documentation & Quality Assurance:
- Establish documentation templates for both technical and functional specifications.
- Supervise development workflows, embedding crucial quality assurance tests.
- Project Management & Delivery:
- Estimate and plan cross-workstream projects.
- Have technical responsibility for the delivery of several projects spanning different products and technologies, inclusive of tasks not directly implemented.
- Manage escalations on technical decisions concerning various workstreams.
- Propose an actionable recovery strategy for platform tech debt.
- Innovation, Research, & Risk Management:
- Stay updated on industry trends and infuse new technologies to refine current infrastructure and systems.
- Drive architectural design and authenticate non-functional requirements, including security and scalability.
- Proactively pinpoint risks, escalating issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders, along with suggested actions.
- Stakeholder & Team Interaction:
- Manage and nurture key stakeholder relationships, including those from product and other engineering teams.
- Collaborate and maintain regular communication with management and the broader company leadership team.
- Step into complex customer cross-team escalations and guide them to resolution.
What you will bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees are valued.
- Over 10 years of experience in software development, with significant exposure to build systems at scale.
- Demonstrated expertise as a technical leader
- In-depth understanding of data architectures, software engineering, and data science principles.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Java or Go..
- Expertise in distributed systems, message queues, and deploying configurations at scale.
- Experience with various cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and their services, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Object store, and container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Knowledge in sharding, horizontal scaling, auto-scaling, and the noisy neighbor problem.
- Robust leadership skills with a history of coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a curious mindset.
- Experience mentoring and nurturing engineers.
- Aptitude to convey complex technical details lucidly through strong communication skills.
- Experience in a vibrant, agile, and innovative work setting.
- Domain expertise in Cloud Detection and Response and Threat Detection.
- Trust in the Team: Collaborates and executes as a team, trusting each individual to come through and do their part, guiding and unblocking them as needed.
- Love Our Customers: Understands customer needs, helps root cause complex customer escalations in a timely manner and guides the team into building a product which meets Sysdig’s high standards of customer experience.
- Dig Deeper: Questions to understand root causes, combining analytical thinking with persistence and a detail-oriented focus to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation, including equity opportunities.
- An international culture with employees in more than 40 countries.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mental well-being support for you and your family, a wellness alliance, and company-wide recharge days.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $200,000 and $240,000 USD per year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.
We would love for you to join us! Please reach out even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description. We can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your background and passion will set you apart, especially if your career is unconventional.
Sysdig values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Sysdig is an equal-opportunity employer. Sysdig does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.