Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection and cloud security posture management products. We are also spearheading contributions to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run..
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Build Graph database platform leveraging large-scale datasets to solve various use cases.
- Lead design and development of graph database models to support a variety of use cases including property graphs.
- Design and build graph database ingestion pipeline while being the owner of the integrity of graph models and schema platform wide.
- Build both batch and real-time update processes to keep the knowledge graphs in sync.
- Build Graph database query services in the distributed system architecture.
- Collaborate across product engineering teams to use existing data assets in the property graph and to drive the creation of additional data assets.
- Resolving technical roadblocks and mitigating potential risks.
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
What you will bring with you
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with property graphs/graph databases (Neo4j preferred).
- Experience tuning and scaling Graph databases (Neo4j preferred)
- Experience with graph data models (LPG, RDF) and graph languages (Cypher, Gremlin, SparQL) with hands-on graph data modeling techniques for common use cases.
- Solid understanding of graph data modeling, graph schema development, graph data design.
- Experience developing graph algorithms, optimizing complex queries, designing indexes and constraints.
- Experience developing APIs using property graph data
- Experience in designing and building highly scalable Graphs in production
- Experience with building data pipelines using distributed data processing frameworks.
- Messaging/Streaming Technologies (Kafka, AWS SQS or Kinesis), Relational and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Object Storage, Graph database) and APIs.
- Solid understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Go or Java.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins or equivalent), version control (Git), orchestration/DAGs tools.
What we look for
- Experienced database engineer with expertise in Graph database and Big data implementation.
- Someone with abilities to translate various use cases to effective data modeling.
- Hands-on experience with database and integration (read/write) in high volume, velocity and variety (3Vs) environment
- Excellent at organization and written/verbal communication
- Experience of working with a cross-functional engineering team for data sourcing and standards.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $163K and $204/year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.